DIY CL9 Door Sill Scuff Plate

Probably one of the easiest DIY you will ever do so i thought i may as well give it a go as my first hopefully decent post on here. Hope you guys think so too. So i decided to upgrade the standard look scuff plates to the chrome looking luxury model ones. Firstly i purchased some scuff plates from ebay which cost me $35 dollars all up. These arrived today so i proceeded to install them straight away. The plates already came double adhesive tape on the back but i did add extra from the pack that was provided with them. Firstly i cleaned the original scuff plates thoroughly in order to get the best stick possible. Secondly i just pealed off the double sided tape and placed the chrome scuff plates over the original plastic ones and applied a bit of pressure. It all came out pretty nice and am happy with the new look.

http://s1221.photobucket.com/albums/...091640x427.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0099 (640x427).jpg 
Views:	653 
Size:	267.8 KB 
ID:	19486  
    Last edited by vvancia; 04-08-2011 at 06:54 PM.

nice work

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1>DC2R+CL9
    Nice first diy, you should post pictures and make stages of how it is done, other than that good work
    JDM is Best