Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC2

Feeling like modding my integra

I just recently bought my 97 Integra VTi-R about 2 months ago. I was driving one night and a s14 passed me and blew out fire from its exhaust. Made me feel like a little kia pride after that. I'm thinking of modifying my car abit? Can anyone please recommend me modifications? I am new to modifying (I'm on my P's) but I've been driving in my brother's racing track with his Bugeye WRX STI since i was 10ish so I'm kind of alright with driving >.< please and thanks
    Last edited by Baal; 04-08-2011 at 06:56 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    Your brother might know a few useful mods.

There's quite a few threads in regards to the modifying process, but basically set a budget first then work out what you can do with it.

Nothing is going to get you too much power though tbh with the engine you have, and you'll probably end up spending the difference between a vtir and a type r to get the performance of a type r.

go intake, headers, exhaust will make your car loud but will add some power. imo, after using a loud honda as a daily for two years before smacking a stock exhaust on it, the increase in power is not worth the annoyance.

considering you are on ps, you can't go turbo, so it will be a costly process for small gains.

alos, invest in some performance tyres - this will help you around corners and on the straights. after driving a car with fcked tyres for longer than i can remember, i've almost forgotten what it feels like to shift quick.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Honestly, I'd accept that you're on your Ps, driving an NA FWD car. Enjoy it for what it is, and don't throw your money away on mods which really won't give you a noticeable gain. I'm in the exact same position, eyeing off Silvias and WRXs, but I know that cars can't be my priority right now, so I'll just be cleaning up my Teg cosmetically, and looking to pick up an S15 in a couple of years when the time is right.

At least you have VTEC, bro! VrooOOOM! Actually, get a CAI, it'll at least sound great.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by pure_na View Post
    Your brother might know a few useful mods.

There's quite a few threads in regards to the modifying process, but basically set a budget first then work out what you can do with it.

Nothing is going to get you too much power though tbh with the engine you have, and you'll probably end up spending the difference between a vtir and a type r to get the performance of a type r.

go intake, headers, exhaust will make your car loud but will add some power. imo, after using a loud honda as a daily for two years before smacking a stock exhaust on it, the increase in power is not worth the annoyance.

considering you are on ps, you can't go turbo, so it will be a costly process for small gains.

alos, invest in some performance tyres - this will help you around corners and on the straights. after driving a car with fcked tyres for longer than i can remember, i've almost forgotten what it feels like to shift quick.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Turbos are allowed for P plater in the ACT?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2, EM1
    Quote Originally Posted by Baal View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Turbos are allowed for P plater in the ACT?
    correct.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    You're in the ACT? Me too!! and I have a vti-r too

1. Don't turbo a DC2, it'll throw the whole thing out of balance, it's a well designed N/A car and thats what it's made to be.
    2. Not trying to be bias because I have one, but the B18C2 is a great motor. it's not like because you don't have a R engine it's not worth effort. DC2R is an AMAZING car and I love it so don't get me wrong, but seriously it's not SUPER HARD to gain the type of power the type R makes considering the B18C2 is basically a really stocky version of the B18C7. Mine has cams/valvesprings/full exhaust/S300 TODA tune and stock intake and fuel. suspension/tyres is buddyclub N+ and federal 595, and once my ITR box is in and I'm matching the R's ratios I reckon I could easily give standard type R's a run for their money. I don't think I've spent as much as a good type R would cost either. that said though, I probably would be spending a lot more if I wanted to make the whole car look like an R inside and out, but thats not what I'm going for.
    3. please come and join the canberra thread I made in the lounge, there aren't many of us so it'd be great to get more people in there, maybe with enough interest we can start having meet ups and drives.
    Last edited by Super-DA9; 04-08-2011 at 10:54 PM.
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    I/H/E including high-flow cat, and get a light-weight flywheel + heavy duty clutch.

Some good wheels/rubber and you're set IMO.

Otherwise just buy an S15 or R32 GTR I reckon lol.

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    suspension

some kids garage
    A true car enthusiast appreciates the time, effort and money put into ANY sort of car, modified in ANY sort of style, whether they may like it or not.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post
    I/H/E including high-flow cat, and get a light-weight flywheel + heavy duty clutch.

Some good wheels/rubber and you're set IMO.

Otherwise just buy an S15 or R32 GTR I reckon lol.
    Nah, I love my teg <3. Already got new rubber coz old ones were worn out >.< got a new clutch too coz the old one was dodgy when I bought the car (I actually stopped on a Mobil gas station because I cant go to gear 1 or any other gears when the engine is running). I had to go through all the gears until it made a snapping spring sound. Got it fixed asap after that and now it's all good ^_^
    Won-Hyo

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Then do your I/H/E, some coilovers, bit of bracing.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post
    Then do your I/H/E, some coilovers, bit of bracing.
    Thanks for the advice! ^_^ Is it alright if i save the exhaust for last? my brother recommends getting the coilovers and intake...my Headers are kinda rusty :s should i shoot some wd-40 on them or something?
    Won-Hyo

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Intake and coilovers first is fine. That's what I've done on my Civic. Intake sounds sick and handles much better. More fun basically, not exactly 'faster' though.

I'd do header, cat and cat-back all at once if I were doing your car. Just makes it easier, save $ on labour etc.