Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    S2K

EG GL - B18 Conversion?

Hi All;

I'm quite an EG noob, just thought I'd ask for people's experiences with their B18 conversions... Basically, I have a 93 EG GL hatch (DUAL CARB) and would like to drop a B18 in it. As far as I know it's quite a straight forward swap over, but I just wanted to know the bits that needs modification as I have found that CARB needs to be EFI spec first before it's that easy..

So here I am asking for the true pro's out there for their advice on what is needed for the conversion. I have a whole 94 integra VTIR that I can take parts from to implant into the EG - so that's not a problem just want to know about the CARB>EFI thing.

What is needed to be done so that the conversion can run smoothly as people say? Engine loom? Transmission mounts? Engine mounts? Fuel lines? Fuel tank? Can I use the teg's Fuel tank? Do i need anything else if I have everything complete from a VTIR teg?

Your help would be greatly appreciated, depending on how much work it is I may attempt this myself. If you never did it or only 'read' of it, you need not speak.

Peace.

Member Array
    Car:
    EE3 WAGON YO
    everything from dc2 can be used.

fuel tank. interior loom. engine loom. mounts etc.

if you have basically whole dc2. everything should be sweet.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2K
    I was more or so just worried about the fuel lines... so DC2 can be just straight drop into the eg right? That will be so beautiful if it is! Can I use the rear brake setup too? I want to salvage as much as I can from the DC2.

Member Array
    Car:
    b18c2+T Ej8
    You do not need to swap lines at all. Just get Efi High pressure hose and connect it. I will take picture for my car lines

Member Array
    Car:
    S2K
    ^^^ That would be AWESOME thanks mate! I thought the lines that were needed were the metal ones.. But I guess, why not hey, HPS would do the job... Thanks for the help so far guys.

already got a dc2 donor? Piece of cake

Member Array
    Car:
    S2K
    Yes. Thank you, i just wanted to hear from people who has experience with it.

Just to confirm though, what parts will I take from the DC2? Well, inorder for the B18 to run in the EG.

- Engine
    - Shift linkage
    - Mounts
    - Axles
    - Loom
    - ECU
    - Fuel tank
    - Brake setup

Then I guess I can scab:
    - Seats
    - And whatever else bloody fits hey? lol

Just need to confirm that my list is right - i just want to make sure I have EVERYTHING i need, as I have someone dropping it in for me.

Peace.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    rear swaybar, rear lower control arms, front upper chassis brace, back seat, front seats, dash, steering wheel, engine, gearbox, shift linkage, mounts, axles, loom, ecu, fuel tank, front and rear brakes, wheels,

pretty much everything ...
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    if its a type-r there are a few extra goodies as well
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

Member Array
    Car:
    S2K
    ^^ Do they just all BOLT straight up? God damn, are the chasis the same or something?

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Quote Originally Posted by zhong View Post
    ^^ Do they just all BOLT straight up? God damn, are the chasis the same or something?
    god damn huh? i wonder if honda was just being cheapo or actually thought of this engine swap possibility.
    i think they're just being cheapo and dont wanna r&d new chassis. and all this engine swap culture just happened to happen.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2K
    Why so serious.