Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Accord euro auto Lux

Honda Lgend AWD discussion

I have been monitoring the US release of this car. Sounds very perfect but the yanks are complaining Read almost endless reviews of the car from US sites (google) The car beats mercedes to the ground in the luxury department. Also beats every car for value for money feild. Every review that i read they complained that it needs a v8. Described it has no low end power. Its typical honda more power to torque ratio. Im not sure why and how this is. They consider it a bad thing because in the luxury department people want power from the slight touch of the accelerater with a big v8 grunting under the hood. They compare the car directly to lexus mercedes v8 cars which i find unfair. The fact is they call it heavy, and slow compared to its v8 competitors.
    I think it is unfair to compare a car like the legend to cars which have 2 extra cylinders. They ignore the fact that its handling can go around anything comfortably. 300 hp from a v6 is a very more then decent output. The car is more luxury and sport orientated due to the fact u have to rev it up a bit to get some power(just like the euro, which i love to do :P ). I eagerly anticipate the release of it here and would like what you guys think.

Due to its price and performance, i think it may go very well here.

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Agreed! That would be the same reason the american's complained about the S2000 (ok so others did too) and that's why they got a 2.2L version. Honda is quite infamous for having torque-less engines with a high peak output so I guess they're keeping in tradition. From what I have read also, this should be a nice mix of performance/luxory like the Euro.......just taken a few steps further in both departments.
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

I think its a great looking car with some serious technology on board.. and 300hp is a fair bit of punch. Yanks = cry babies

Also its branded under Acura which is meant to be Honda's luxury Car wing... I dont see a type r badge on it or any other previous legends.

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    imho i believe that according to americans if it doesnt hav a V8 then it cant be called a car. I know that this a very stereotypical view but i'm not saying that all americans are like this, just the majority that are seen on forums prefer straight line v8 grunt and nothing else.

anyways... i rekon the Legend would be an awesome car, its hard to say if it'd be a hit here or not, coz although it mite be more luxurious and better value for money than a merc/bimmer/audi it'd probably be hard for ppl to justify spending 80 000 on a honda (just guessing the price). The badge unfortunately makes a lot of difference. Dont get me wrong i love honda, been a fan since i cant remember when...

oh... btw i heard rumours that the legend went around nurburg quicker than an R34 gtr, dunno if this is true or not but can any1 confirm this?

good luck to honda with the legend
    hopefully it'd follow in the footsteps of the euro and be a big hit
    Last edited by Fr3aKi3; 28-04-2005 at 06:06 PM. Reason: left something out

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord euro auto Lux
    ill look into that freaki.

edit: sreached google, im afraid thats not true freakie.
    Last edited by The-Genesis; 28-04-2005 at 06:56 PM.

I haven't read much about the new legend so i cant really comment... but what is everyones opinion on the styling? I personally thought it could have been more agressive - with a lower stance. But overall pretty nice

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord euro auto Lux
    i like the styling. unique is a good word.

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    styling wise i think its nice, a lil tame but nice

but then i s'pose thats a good thing, give ppl more incentive to mod it
    heheh

I dont get it sometimes, yanks ALWAYS winge about shit like this, but than the civic scene is so enourmous over there its not funny...

I guess its a split population.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord euro auto Lux
    with petrol prices etc going off the roofs im hoping them to stop craving for those fuel guzzling v8s.

Member Array
    Car:
    91' S2 Prelude
    less v8s on the road and more honda lol

How is 300 horsepower slow? That would be over 200kw... more than fast enough...

The 190kw alloytec holdens over here, have plenty of power, with there crappy auto boxes, how they can they call it underpowered?