Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    05 EURO CL9

[CL9]problem with ultra-racing tower strut

hey guys,
    i recently just purchased the 2 point ultra racing tower strut and finally got to installing it today. (keep in mind i have a 2005 preface model)
    mind my lack of knowledge: that black thingy that bolts onto the chassis

was a bitch to get out of the way as the bar is meant to sit underneath it, now im not sure what my problem is but my friend said the alignment came out when i undid the screws that holds the suspension because now my car vibrates like crazy between 0-2500 revs but if i push it its ok but on braking it begins to vibrate again.
    it has to be either the suspension or something to do with the fact that i moved that black bar.
    someone please help!! should i take it to a local mechanic or go to a wheel aligning place to get them to check it out?
    or is there something i can do?

thanks
    OH WERD?!!

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    did you jack the car up when you installed it?
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    05 EURO CL9
    no, i wasn't aware i needed to. i just got told a flat surface would be fine.
    OH WERD?!!

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by DEIFIC View Post
    no, i wasn't aware i needed to. i just got told a flat surface would be fine.
    I had to jack mine up to install
    that black thing is the factory strut bar as far as I know.
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    05 EURO CL9
    i ended up taking it off today, the problem was that the engine would tilt up when in reverse and would come into contact with the strut. Don't ask me why, ill take it to a performance place when i have the time to get it checked out.
    OH WERD?!!

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by DEIFIC View Post
    i ended up taking it off today, the problem was that the engine would tilt up when in reverse and would come into contact with the strut. Don't ask me why, ill take it to a performance place when i have the time to get it checked out.
    Wha? Just how low is that strut bar of yours? Lol

Member Array
    Car:
    05 EURO CL9
    well thats just it on the right side its well away from anything but it seems to dip down towards the left side and there is probably a 1-3mm clearance between the strut and the engine. its only a problem on the left side tho
    OH WERD?!!

Member Array
    Car:
    07' CL9 Lux 5AT
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    Wha? Just how low is that strut bar of yours? Lol
    The Ultra Racing strut bars actually sit below the airconditioning pipes. On a CL7 with the K20 engine, there's plenty of clearance, but it appears that the taller deck height of the K24 in the CL9 could be causing the problem here. I was looking into getting one for a while as they're not much that more expensive than the no-brand eBay bars, but neither the eBay seller or his supplier could be sure that the Ultra Racing bar would fit a CL9, as they were designed for the CL7 in mind.

Wound up with the $70 eBay no-brand special instead - just waiting until it gets delivered!

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    I got the Ebay no brand one as well, it's pretty good, just jackup your car when you install

Oh, one more thing the eBay strut doesn't clear the A/C metal pipe completely, so I wrapped the A/C pipe with pvc tape (flexable) and then put a piece of high density rubber between the strut base and the a/c pipe, it's all good now.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Closeup.jpg 
Views:	392 
Size:	167.1 KB 
ID:	19527Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EngineBay.jpg 
Views:	825 
Size:	204.3 KB 
ID:	19526

Member Array
    Car:
    07' CL9 Lux 5AT
    Thanks for the heads up mate, will pay Clark Rubber a visit before the bar comes in. Guess the clearance issues were to be expected from a "Cusco style" bar eh!

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by jono_l View Post
    Thanks for the heads up mate, will pay Clark Rubber a visit before the bar comes in. Guess the clearance issues were to be expected from a "Cusco style" bar eh!
    Yep, you're welcome.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    Sweet ground wiring kit fre.

Any benifits you have noticed from it?
    Last edited by marquee; 08-08-2011 at 09:54 PM. Reason: changed post