Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R

Spoon n1 silencer - how much does it reduce noise by?

Hey all, i have a toda header, spoon bpipe, spoon n1. Im thinking bout picking up the optional silencer. How much does this reduce volume by? Upstairs i my house i can feel all the vibrations as well as hear the car. (concrete). My neighbours say the same thing too and i be leVing around 630am.. I noticed it connects via one bolt.. So i can easily install and take off eithout dramas.. Just on choke it revs higher and obviously will bw higher. In a nut shell, how much silent will it be?

Member Array
    Car:
    97EK1 and 95GQ
    I did notice a substantial quieting when I put mine on my b18cr I had oem headers though with spoon catback but I rarely ran it only for clearing defects or pink-slips :P I couldn't give you a db rating but its worth a shot for the $80 I payed for it through pro-concept 3 years ago

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Yeah, well JDM Concept is $80, JDM Yard is $95. I can get it cheaper as im happy to wait for it.

I only want to run it as much as my neighbours hate me, i still wanna put a silencer on it as i dnt wanna stir shit (lol) im guessing the silencer is a one size fits all for all Spoon N1.

silencers are pretty useless mate

not going to notice much

just push it down the street n start it

ah the things we do to make our lives hard

Member Array
    Car:
    97EK1 and 95GQ
    yeah its one size too real easy to put in i switched the bolt for a knurled allen key one so i could do it without tools

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Hmmm i gotta troll the net more to see how much of a differnece it will quiet the exhaust down by. I was toying the idea of taking my car out of the garGe without turning it on. But i have to do like a right turn to get out of driveway n up a steep hilll. In other words im going to need a tow truck to yank me out

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Meh fuuk it.. My staff parking at work is steep. I probly cant even make it in without scraping.

According to Hot Version International, who did a huge catback test on stock headers, these are the db readouts for the Spoon Sports N1 (idle means idle, stationary means in neutral revving to 5 grand, and racing means flat out through to redline):

Idle with silencer: 67.3 db
    Idle without silencer: 72.5 db

Stationary with silencer: 97.3 db
    Stationary without silencer: 101.8 db

Racing with silencer: 104.3 db
    Racing without silencer: 107.5 db

Heres the URL if you want to take a look for yourself: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ea6xpwciZEU

Makes a bit of a difference. If it helps I have a header and J's Racing catback, and when the silencer is in the tail it is noticably more quiet, so long as you drive sensibly. And yeah just a small nut and bolt so you could drive it to the end of your street, pull over and take it out if you wanted to. Hope that helps mate.
    Wanted to Buy: Any aftermarket parts for DC5 Integra. PM me.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Thanks for taking the time and wriitng down those figures.. Will have to chexk it out later with earphones.

If you can get the car mostly out of the driveway then you can start it and take off and drive the car to warm it up. Don't need to idle the engine for too long, because as it sits there the gearbox will stay dead cold.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    I'll get a video of how I actaully have to get onto the road and yeah, i have to start up car no matter what Kevin.

im possibly borrowing 97EK1's silencer to test out how much it reduces it on a cold start. Will upload a before and after video for those cocnerned ;p

If silencer doesn't do much alex, maybe a varex?