Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    S2K
    Take it further with the onbudsman, because paying 3 excesses is just ridicilous. Just tell them that you don't think it's fair the way they asessed your situation and that you want to take further action before making a claim. Just claim for the biggest damage as one claim, then deal the rest directly with the person who is repairing it - usually they let you upgrade the repair.

But I'd say, Cancel all of it, for $6k, you can easily get a brand new OEM top and a RESPRAY for the entire car - labour inclusive! People may think a paintjob for the S2K is very expensive, because it's a nice car and all but NO, REALITY is that you will use LESS PAINT, and spraying the entire car isn't that BIG of a job because of it's size etc. Don't get me wrong, paint COULD cost alot more depending on the paint combination and where you go.

$5600 for insurance premium, and a $2100 excess is seriously WTF. Buy third party insurance, and if by any chance you get into an accident, dig your pockets - it'll be cheaper in the end IMO. My AUDI TT MK2 insured with premium of $1,200 (Yes, cheaper than my S) with agreed value of $46,000 with excess of $500 per claim - yes I'm 25 but look at the difference - with Justcar. The insurance on the S is slightly higher, for whatever reason.

Sigh.. I feel for ya man.. But Goodluck with it all.

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    Quote Originally Posted by Indie View Post
    You're not in a position to be driving that car, plain and simple. You can't accommodate it in a safe place, you're paying ridiculous amounts of money to insure it, and you're wasting a house deposit on repairs.

I'm sorry that this has happened to you, as it's an awful thing to do to someone's car, but you've bitten off more than you can chew in several ways. You should have looked forward to owning a performance car when the time was right, instead of buying an S2000 at twenty years old, and possibly having it ruin the enjoyment of car ownership for you.

$6000 worth of insurance should have told you immediately that you'd be wasting your time and money, not to mention the fact that your mechanic seems to have seen you coming.

Sorry to be blunt, and I really do wish you all the best, but really... 20 year-olds don't own S2000s for a reason.
    I owned one and still do, since I was 19. I think what u mean to say is '20 yr olds who dont have a solid income stream, don't drive s2k's"

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    I'm 19 and I also own/ drive an s2000..

Member Array
    Car:
    HONDAAA
    Quote Originally Posted by chriis2k View Post
    I'm 19 and I also own/ drive an s2000..
    Want a medal bro I'm
    20 and drive an EK I can only wish to own an s2k
    Cool story bro

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    ^ exactly. Those who are responsible enuf do drive s2ks. In fact, no matter how old u are. But each to their own, some ppl learn from their experiences as oppose to mistakes

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by hasto2770 View Post
    Want a medal bro I'm
    20 and drive an EK I can only wish to own an s2k
    lool no, i was just further expanding on what 's2kjn' said

Member Array
    Car:
    1999 s2000
    wow. **** your life man.... really bad luck. can't you just tell them that you only want to make the third claim?? Like the roof, tell them to replace it...and if they want they can slash it... and the respray, tell them that if they really want, they can mark the car with the original key... see what they say.

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    Quote Originally Posted by Indie View Post
    You're not in a position to be driving that car, plain and simple. You can't accommodate it in a safe place, you're paying ridiculous amounts of money to insure it, and you're wasting a house deposit on repairs.

I'm sorry that this has happened to you, as it's an awful thing to do to someone's car, but you've bitten off more than you can chew in several ways. You should have looked forward to owning a performance car when the time was right, instead of buying an S2000 at twenty years old, and possibly having it ruin the enjoyment of car ownership for you.

$6000 worth of insurance should have told you immediately that you'd be wasting your time and money, not to mention the fact that your mechanic seems to have seen you coming.

Sorry to be blunt, and I really do wish you all the best, but really... 20 year-olds don't own S2000s for a reason.
    My fiance and I have an s2000 and an Audi A4. We used to have an 8th gen civic, before it got stolen and burnt out . I am 21 and she is 20. We have been living out of home for... 2 years? - No money from mummy and daddy, all hard earned money.

But, correct the amount of money we have spend on cars easily adds up to a deposit on a home loan not to mention + 1st home owners grant x2.

For the S I think I pay ~$1,600 and a $550 excess.

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    Quote Originally Posted by zhong View Post
    Take it further with the onbudsman, because paying 3 excesses is just ridicilous. Just tell them that you don't think it's fair the way they asessed your situation and that you want to take further action before making a claim. Just claim for the biggest damage as one claim, then deal the rest directly with the person who is repairing it - usually they let you upgrade the repair.

But I'd say, Cancel all of it, for $6k, you can easily get a brand new OEM top and a RESPRAY for the entire car - labour inclusive! People may think a paintjob for the S2K is very expensive, because it's a nice car and all but NO, REALITY is that you will use LESS PAINT, and spraying the entire car isn't that BIG of a job because of it's size etc. Don't get me wrong, paint COULD cost alot more depending on the paint combination and where you go.

$5600 for insurance premium, and a $2100 excess is seriously WTF. Buy third party insurance, and if by any chance you get into an accident, dig your pockets - it'll be cheaper in the end IMO. My AUDI TT MK2 insured with premium of $1,200 (Yes, cheaper than my S) with agreed value of $46,000 with excess of $500 per claim - yes I'm 25 but look at the difference - with Justcar. The insurance on the S is slightly higher, for whatever reason.

Sigh.. I feel for ya man.. But Goodluck with it all.
    From what I have been quoted paint jobs are quite expensive for the S. For a full paint job (Engine bay, door trims .ect) I have been quoted 10-15K but that is sand blasting the panels and respraying with a pearlesent / pastel colour. It would be cheaper for individual panels (door, fender, rear bumper) but the most expansive part of the respray is the labour. Paint is relatively cheap in the gran scheme.

lol at the 20 year olds getting all defensive..

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S13
    Quote Originally Posted by h3nno View Post
    My fiance and I have an s2000 and an Audi A4. We used to have an 8th gen civic, before it got stolen and burnt out . I am 21 and she is 20. We have been living out of home for... 2 years? - No money from mummy and daddy, all hard earned money.

But, correct the amount of money we have spend on cars easily adds up to a deposit on a home loan not to mention + 1st home owners grant x2.

For the S I think I pay ~$1,600 and a $550 excess.
    wtf that's so cheap lol i pay 2k and I'm 24

What company are you with I'm switching !

and 10-15k paint job holi crap ! that's expensive as but it must be superb job!

I just think it's not the best car to learn on. Though the price of the car is cheap now days, parts are still expensive, and when it comes to fixing labour mechs will rip you off because it's a s2000. If you don't know much about cars you will have your ass handed too you.

Also now you know why it's not always the best idea to post evey single little problem on the internets anyone can find them

In other news I agree with the others just cancel it mate, for that amount you can easily get a full respray and new soft top.
    Last edited by vyets; 12-08-2011 at 11:26 AM.
    FYS

My fake shit rocks!
    Winton 1:35.4
    Wakefield 1:07.87

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by h3nno View Post
    From what I have been quoted paint jobs are quite expensive for the S. For a full paint job (Engine bay, door trims .ect) I have been quoted 10-15K but that is sand blasting the panels and respraying with a pearlesent / pastel colour. It would be cheaper for individual panels (door, fender, rear bumper) but the most expansive part of the respray is the labour. Paint is relatively cheap in the gran scheme.
    There's no need for him to respray the whole car inside out. He just needs the exterior panels painted which should be about 4k
    Less is More