Member Array
    Car:
    04 CL9, 11 323i

CL9: Door Actuator replacement!

Hey guys,
    I have an 04 Euro and the front left passenger door decided to stop locking if done electronically and having to do it manually . Now I took it into Honda and they said the actuator is stuffed and I will need to get a brand new one shipped from Japan. I got quoted a price of $340 or something mid 300. (Sooo freaking expensive!)
    I'm wondering if it will work if I use a 04 TSX Actuator.

Last question I have is what are the causes of this mechanism breaking down?

Cheers

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    R32 Skyline
    The cause is just that they fail. Most euros do. My civic did as well. I supplied my own actuators that came with my euro and Honda charged $200 just for labour, $100 each door. I'm not sure if the TSX ones will work (I assume they would) but also try eBay. There are cheap genuine ones sometimes.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    MingZai , this same problem is happening with me on my drivers side front door (works with the key not the button). Let me know how / where you source this part because i sure as hell am not paying 350 for a new actuator. Can you just use a door actuator out of a different car or does the system need to be reprogrammed? If its possible it may be just a case of calling up a honda wrecker and getting them to pull out the actuator from a wrecked euro and replacing the one in your door yourself. I took a look at the ESM should just be a couple of clips to swap it over.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Actually just spoke with a bloke from Honbits & he reckons you can just pull em out of a wreck and pop em in they dont need to be reprogrammed or nothing. He didnt have any euro ones in stock but he said they might actually be the same actuator that comes out of a prelude so ring around and see what you can find. This has to be the way to go.

Member Array
    Car:
    2004 Honda Accord Euro
    Ebay 80 bucks ... easier mate and simple to change.. =D
    BraXtas Ride

List of parts added
    - Exhaust system - Custom CAI setup - K&N Air Filter - Rockford Fosgate Speaker setup with punch 2 Subs - J's Racing Front Strut bar

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    04 CL9, 11 323i
    lmao <3 fredoops I was lazy ok and typed it on my iPhone lol

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Accord Euro
    I bought some off ebay for 50 bucks each door and replaced them myself with instructions provided by the seller. Nothing too difficult, apart from the three massive screws on the side of the door which are a pain to get out!