Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic Type-R

RSP Manifold on 05' CL9 Euro - Advice?

Hey there OzHonda members, its been literally ages since I've visited on a more frequent basis awesome to see the place hasn't changed greatly on me :P

Just had a question for some Euro CL9 owners who have performed an intake manifold swap on the CL9, I've owned my FN2 Type-R since 08 and have recently finished with all the bolt-ons for it including swapping the manifold over for an RRC which has left me with the old RSP manifold.

I've seen one or two members speak about bolting this manifold on the Euro in older posts or I think it was a build thread can't remember - either way, I was just wondering if anybody knew if it was a direct fit or not.

I've also got an FN2 throttle body to go along with it as well since I upgraded to a Mugen TB on the FN2 so not sure if this can be used on the CL9 as well. By looking at it the RBB manifold has an idle air port or sorts on it?

Anyway if anyone knows of any issues prior to me going through the effort of swapping them over I'm all ears!

Member Array
    Car:
    Blown NHBP CL9
    As far as i know, its a pretty much straight bolt up although you have to add a small vacuum port <------ 98% on that

Looses power and torque from idle to 6000rpm, then you gain around 3whp until redline.

Idle air ports need to be welded and the machined to fit the FN t.b to RBB manifold.
    V T E C h n i q u e
    Since 2001
    OG Member #3

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC5R
    I have rsp on my euro.... Direct bolt on and even the tb is not an issue... I am using tb from Acura TL and I know another fn2 owner using the same tb.... Shouldnt have idle air as the idle is controlled by the dbw... Only cable tb have this port....

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic Type-R
    Quote Originally Posted by wuism View Post
    I have rsp on my euro.... Direct bolt on and even the tb is not an issue... I am using tb from Acura TL and I know another fn2 owner using the same tb.... Shouldnt have idle air as the idle is controlled by the dbw... Only cable tb have this port....
    Awesome thanks for confirming that man I really appreciate it , last question - did you have any trouble with cruise control or anything like that?

About to organise a Hondata manifold gasket this week before I go through with the swap now that I know it all fits up but just thought I'd ask if theres any trouble with cruise or not. No check engine lights? stuff like that.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Or a p2r, they all work the same from what I've heard
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic Type-R
    Forgot about them :P probably easier to get hold of a P2R set than Hondata too thanks man

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC5R
    Umm. Not sure about cruise... I already lost that before I installed the manifold. Just make sure u put all the vacuum hoses in the right spot....

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    You this is an interesting thread... It reminded me of this I read a while back:

http://www.superstreetonline.com/tec...out/index.html
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Please don't bother

Even hi power worked applications in lighter cars should have the manifold / tb as a last resort to make power. Besides , replacing these means a retune is needed to benefit at all.
    Just putting one on , with shift power up but your torque will suffer. This looks good on the dyno but in the real world your car is slower everywhere.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC5R
    mate, aren't you assuming too much?

maybe he has a means of tuning?

maybe his car will be track only and top end power is needed?

dont believe the intake manifold is the last resort to make power... its the whole combination of cams, bottom end, header etc....
    put on big cams, but intake manifold doesnt flow will not make power,
    having a very good flowing intake manifold but having mild cams and restrictive cylinder head stopping air flow will not make power either....

Quote Originally Posted by wuism View Post
    mate, aren't you assuming too much?

maybe he has a means of tuning?

maybe his car will be track only and top end power is needed?

dont believe the intake manifold is the last resort to make power... its the whole combination of cams, bottom end, header etc....
    put on big cams, but intake manifold doesnt flow will not make power,
    having a very good flowing intake manifold but having mild cams and restrictive cylinder head stopping air flow will not make power either....
    Mate , he drives a euro. There is no valid way of tuning - unless JTUNE is full in operation (last i heard no). Highly unlikely he is turning this into a track car. No assumptions here just observations of initial post.

Can you show me a euro CL9 with cams or big work that has an alternative intake manifold too - and that is properly tuned ?

You just summed up what I am saying in your last sentance. In this situation (OP , euro) - its a waste of time putting a different intake manifold on for 3 whp and a whomp less midrange.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC5R
    k-tuned dual harness with k-pro? the dual harness from Driven singapore which i'm using with k-pro?

here is mods of my car...
    http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthread.php?t=9853

heres my power with RSP manifold that is properly tuned somewhere in that thread.
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...O-in-my-06-CL9!!