Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Magic carpet

need help with tyres

Alo, its time for me to get new tyres and I been looking into different stores with different opinion's, everyone has somthing different to say. I have a cl7 with a camber kit and possible camber issues into the future depending on how much I drop it. What I wanted to ask is directional tyres a good idea? to be able to take it off the wheel and swap sides were it will wear with camber meaning I will get more k's from a tyre..? will it damage the belt in the tyre causing it to wreck when driving one day and just come apart?

I also wanted to ask what tyre do you guys think would be good for a cl7 (not tracked or anything) that has 225/40/18's all round. I have been told good year f1's because they have a bit more tyre where it wears with camber on the sides or either kumo ku31's

Thanks guys

Member Array
    Car:
    GTI /Tiguan/CU2
    if you want really good tyres, there's someone in Sydney selling a set of brand new Michelin Pilot Sport 2 in 225 40 18, 92Y load rating, 2 are late 2010 production, other 2 are early 2011 production; all for $1000 only.

http://www.vwgolf.net.au/showthread....-Pilot-Sport-2

you can check how much these are selling for, last time i rang, $540 each.

here's a web for reviews on the PS2:
    http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Mi...-Sport-PS2.htm

it's oem on BMW M3, BMW 1 Series M Coupe, Lexus IS-F and many other high end sports cars.

the PS2 is Asymmetrical, so you can swap it front right to rear left and vice versa.

i had Kumho KU23 in my CL9 (the worst tyres ever!!!), then Yoko AVS dB (quiet but no grip), and then Continental Sport Contact 2 (grippy in the wet).

my CU2 is running on OEM Michelin Primacy HP and love it! the tread pattern is very similar to the PS2.

if you care about grip, handling in dry and wet, short braking distance, you can't go wrong with the Michelin PS2!
    Last edited by natnat; 10-08-2011 at 07:35 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Magic carpet
    I'm just really looking for somthing half decent and not to over priced

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Feel free to revive old thread instead of starting a new once... Since theres a wealth of info in those threads
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...ot-Rims/page40
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars