Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC2

DC2 VTi-R --- Strange shaking sound

After I got my clutch replaced from the mechanics, at about 3k-ish rpms on a cold start, there's a noise under my shifting knob. Something like you left a coin/your keys on a vibrating metal table. It disappears after a while though, when the engine is warm. How do I get rid of this? btw I'm assuming that it doesnt affect the car or anything. It's just really annoying T_T
    Won-Hyo

Member Array
    Car:
    ah huhhh
    What gears does this happen at

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by THEEYA View Post
    What gears does this happen at
    Usually gears 1-3
    Won-Hyo

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Something is loose, must be a loose bolt or something.

Give it back to the mechanics it shouldn't be that much of an issue, or just inspect where the noise is comming from.

Good luck
    無限 The Form is in the Function 無限
    teamGROUNDzero

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Right under the gear knob? Check for heat shields. Might have come loose at some point and could be touching something.

Got a short shifter?

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    why rev so why when cold?

some kids garage
    A true car enthusiast appreciates the time, effort and money put into ANY sort of car, modified in ANY sort of style, whether they may like it or not.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukey View Post
    why rev so why when cold?
    Because my house is at the bottom of a hill >.<
    Won-Hyo

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Quote Originally Posted by Baal View Post
    Because my house is at the bottom of a hill >.<
    Why do you answer his BS/irrelevant question but not mine, when I'm actually trying to help?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post
    Why do you answer his BS/irrelevant question but not mine, when I'm actually trying to help?
    Because I'm a n00b and idk what a heat shield/short shifter is
    Won-Hyo

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    FML. Why don't you just say so? You make it pretty hard to help you (like you asked us to!).

Okay, jack your car up and get underneath it. Above your exhaust pipe (between the exhaust pipe and the floor of your car) there will be a heat shield, which is like a flat piece of metal to deflect heat from your exhaust away from the floor of your car.

Sometimes they come loose and rattle/shake. They can be removed entirely, generally not a problem at all.

If you have a short-shifter (so that your gear knob travels less distance when you shift gears so you can change a bit faster/firmer) it can sometimes hang too low underneath the car and keep touching the heat shield. To check if this is the issue just give your gear knob a whack with your open palm in neutral, and you might hear the shifter touching the heat shield beneath.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post
    FML. Why don't you just say so? You make it pretty hard to help you (like you asked us to!).

Okay, jack your car up and get underneath it. Above your exhaust pipe (between the exhaust pipe and the floor of your car) there will be a heat shield, which is like a flat piece of metal to deflect heat from your exhaust away from the floor of your car.

Sometimes they come loose and rattle/shake. They can be removed entirely, generally not a problem at all.

If you have a short-shifter (so that your gear knob travels less distance when you shift gears so you can change a bit faster/firmer) it can sometimes hang too low underneath the car and keep touching the heat shield. To check if this is the issue just give your gear knob a whack with your open palm in neutral, and you might hear the shifter touching the heat shield beneath.
    Sweet! will give it a try tomorrow!! Thank you ^_^
    Won-Hyo

Member Array
    Car:
    97 Integra
    I'd take it back to the mechanic. Its their stuff up so they won't charge you. Where did you take it if you don't mind me asking?