Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Gen 4 prelude S

F series motors??

Just wondering if a f22b vtec sohc head would fit on the f22a block and if the ecu's would match???
    Last edited by Vteckiller; 12-08-2011 at 12:37 AM.
    Ha Vtec is overrated I say "F" it and grab a "22" and finish it with "A"-men cuz ladies and gentlemen its about to get funky up in here!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    AccordCB7 Turbo
    Putting the F22B2/3 Head on the F22A9 Motor is a massive decrease in power as standard.
    ECU's do not match, you would need to find a P06 or P28 ECU (Out of Civics i believe?) and tune it to suit.. Or use an EMS.

What's the reason for the swap? Do you have an F22A9 Block and F22B2/3 Head lying around?
    If you're chasing "VTEC" on your engine.. H22A Head on the F22A Block = G22 Vtec.. And it's an amazing combo.
    But if you've just got an F22A9 Motor and want more power.. You've already got an awesome Motor to start with
    Last edited by Jccck; 16-08-2011 at 12:33 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Gen 4 prelude S
    Yeh I found out it was, someone told me that the f22b head flows much better than the f22a head which was a lie! So I'm just keeping my f22 as is and rebulding it for turbo.
    Ha Vtec is overrated I say "F" it and grab a "22" and finish it with "A"-men cuz ladies and gentlemen its about to get funky up in here!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    AccordCB7 Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by Vteckiller View Post
    Yeh I found out it was, someone told me that the f22b head flows much better than the f22a head which was a lie! So I'm just keeping my f22 as is and rebulding it for turbo.
    The F22A9 Head/Intake setup is amazing as standard, F22B1 or F22B2/3 have nothing on the F22A for flow and potential power.
    I've almost finished my F22A Turbo Build.. It's not in a 4th Gen Lude though, it's in a 4th Gen Accord =P

Member Array
    Car:
    Gen 4 prelude S
    Haha nice I'm doing the same thing havnt got a body for it though still deciding lol f22a are the best underrated motors

Member Array
    Car:
    AccordCB7 Turbo
    Haha nice I'm doing the same thing havnt got a body for it though still deciding lol f22a are the best underrated motors
    Mines estimated make around 300-325kw atw.. Only limited by it's fuel system.
    Can't wait til it's on road!

Member Array
    Car:
    Gen 4 prelude S
    Wow that's alot of power when I get stuck Into it do you mind if I ask you some questions?

Member Array
    Car:
    AccordCB7 Turbo
    Wow that's alot of power when I get stuck Into it do you mind if I ask you some questions?
    Yeah it is, depending on how the car feels i might make the push for 400kw atw however.. But i think 300 should be more than enough for it's application.
    Sure, i know that motor pretty well.. A good place for into is CB7Tuner.com, a US website for 4th Gen Accords.
    Lots of guys on there have built N/A or Turbo F22A motors, and some are very impressive! (500+ HP atw)
    If you go to the Technical then Forced Induction section there's a thread on the "Most Powerful" cars on the forum.. Those build threads are very helpful

Member Array
    Car:
    Gen 4 prelude S
    yeh im on cb7 aswell most amazing site for f22a, ive learned so much from there. I was wondering what differs about the f22a9 and the a1? because at the moment im going to put on a h23 TB and IM setup on my car but i cant seem to find a pt06 to plug it all up. is the a9 manifold the same as the a1 or as the a6?

Member Array
    Car:
    AccordCB7 Turbo
    America has the A1 (125hp), A4 (130hp) and A6 (140hp) varietys.. Which have various differences such as TB/IM, ECU and Cam.
    The A9 (150hp) has the best mix of everything avaliable, and because of simple changes such as the removal of the EGR system it nets the most power out of all the F22A motors, aswell as the fact it's avaliable exclusively to Australia IIRC.

H23 TB+IM is an upgrade for any F or H Motor, but because of the F22A9's IM design it's not really worth the hassle.
    Instead i had my IM matchported to suit the Head (which had been port+polished very nicely!).. And i can't see there being any problems as far as power gains go =)

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    hey jccck what would make more power turbo h22a or f22a

Member Array
    Car:
    AccordCB7 Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by GSi_PSi View Post
    hey jccck what would make more power turbo h22a or f22a
    Entirely depends on what level you're modifying to, and how much you're looking to spend.

If you wanted to do it on the cheap, i couldn't tell you.. Because i don't care.
    You don't boost without bulletproofing your Motor, simple.
    And if you wanted to blow $100k on your Motor, i'm sure the only difference between the two would be the "F" or "H" stamped on the bell housing.
    But that'd be a bit silly.

After much research my power goal sits at 325kw atw.. And i'll make it.
    From everything i've read, seen, experienced and been told.. I can't see the H22A making any more power for the same amount of money i've put towards the F22A9.
    And given the expense of swapping a H22A into my Accord, even if it were slightly more powerful the cost isn't worth it.

Was that supposed to be a stab, GSi?