turbo noob question, what ecu to use

hey guys im gathering a turbo kit to turbo my 96' ek hatch civic, i will be using a garret t3 .60/48 turbo, i was reading in the states they commonly use crome or neptune ecu chipped with the p06 or p28 which one of them would i use since my car is obd2 and will i need a obd2 to obd1 ecu conversion harness ?

cheers in advance

Member Array
    Car:
    5th Gen Prelude
    You should use the ecu that you can get tuned. Places will have their preferred ecu and the place you choose will be the one you will need.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Yeah it's a good idea to ask the tuners what they can use. Apparently in NSW there aren't as many Neptune tuners as there used to be, but there are still a handful down in Melbourne.

I hear great things about the Apexi Power FC, Microtech etc etc.

Apparently the Greddy EManage is quite restricted in what it can do, but will probably suffice quite well for a simple turbo setup (no playing with cams or too much other stuff).

Have also seen Wolf ECU's used to good effect.

Member Array
    Car:
    CRX Del Sol
    I have a turbo b16a pushing 270kw atw running a microtech lt-8s these are still available although there are better models now (not necessary). These are easy to tune and almost any tuner will be able to do a good job for you + cheap to tune and the ecu is reasonably priced. It's a good computer which will certainly do the job for you. Where are you from? I can recommend some tuners for you If you'd like?

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Tuner + Prefered tuner ECU = Results

having a tuner tune a ecu they havent had much experience shows up in ur dyno results

If u have a Piggy back, u are limited to ur tuning, if going EMS, than u ur tuning is limited to what ur engine can handle and parts on there....

and remember, dont tune for top end power, tune for mid range if its gonna be ur daily
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC