Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    2010 cu2 euro

Upgrading current sussy setup.

hey,

This is my current setup skunk2 sleeves and skunk2 sports shocks. Wondering if anyone has replaed there skunk2 shocks with the koni yellows. Has anyone ever used the skunk2 sleeves on the koni yellows?

Also considering going coilovers skunk2 pro c, buddy club n+ & BC racing br series. The springs rate for the buddy club and bc racing are the same 10kg front & 6kg and i think th pro c are 12kg front ans 6kg rear (could be wrong).

Got a really good price for the buddy clubs, 1650 for skunks and 1299 for bc

The spring rates for the sleeves are 8kg for front and 6kg for rear.

thanks,
    Last edited by blabla; 28-07-2011 at 10:12 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    370Z/DC5
    Quote Originally Posted by blabla View Post
    hey,

Looking at replacing my skunk2 shocks with the koni yellows. Has anyone ever used the skunk2 sleeves on the koni yellows?

the spring rates are 8kg for front and 6kg for rear.

thanks,
    For memory from when I was looking for my sussy, a lot of people swore by the koni's combined with ground control sleeves from the USA. Not sure about skunk 2 sleeves though. On the other hand I've also seen in similar threads sleeve style suspension bagged and disregarded as an option whether it be from a decent brand or not. Obviously coilivers were suggested instead

Member Array
    Car:
    2010 cu2 euro
    Quote Originally Posted by Oz_Striker View Post
    For memory from when I was looking for my sussy, a lot of people swore by the koni's combined with ground control sleeves from the USA. Not sure about skunk 2 sleeves though. On the other hand I've also seen in similar threads sleeve style suspension bagged and disregarded as an option whether it be from a decent brand or not. Obviously coilivers were suggested instead
    I'll prob go coilovers

Member Array
    Car:
    NHB DC2R + EURO
    Hey,

Inbox me if u need some info on coilovers mate

Member Array
    Car:
    370Z/DC5
    I'll prob go coilovers
    Definitely a better option

Member Array
    Car:
    2010 cu2 euro
    Quote Originally Posted by Oz_Striker View Post
    Definitely a better option
    Looking at buddy clubs n+

Member Array
    Car:
    370Z/DC5
    Looking at buddy clubs n+
    I've been told they are good quality, some people say they are really stiff but they are adjustable so you can soften them anyway if need be. I have also had Tien Flex recomended as a good all round coilover

Member Array
    Car:
    2010 cu2 euro
    Buddy club n+ or the skunk2 equivalent?? Which would be better for a daily?? I like it when the car handles nicely and feels nimble.

The cost of setting up the sleeves and shocks cost as much as coilovers. New top hats front and rears shocks 500, 400 for the sleeves Inc freight, 200 for top hats Inc frieght. 1100 :S
    Last edited by blabla; 28-07-2011 at 12:16 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    370Z/DC5
    I would go the buddy clubs over the skunk 2. Have seen many people post that skunk 2 coilovers are overly stiff for the street. I would say buddy club would be better build quality as well IMO. Yeh for the price you may as well get coils

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    I had the base level skunk 2 coilovers and they were too stiff. It was more the shock than the springs fault. I'd like damper adjustment.

Sent from my custard cannon like Peter North.
    to see all of my build, checkout

Member Array
    Car:
    2010 cu2 euro
    If the pistons is bigger on 1 of them does that mean that it will feel softer at all? Skunk2 pro c are a slightly larger piston.

Member Array
    Car:
    2010 cu2 euro
    Updated the first post.