Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

de-cat pipe for dc5r?

wondering where can i get a de-cat pipe for a audm dc5r? i have standard extractors and rm01a catback?

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Quote Originally Posted by BLV-27J View Post
    wondering where can i get a de-cat pipe for a audm dc5r? i have standard extractors and rm01a catback?
    Hard to decat as the cat is part of the down pipe. Only option is to cut it out, flange the cat and make test pipe. Complete waste of time and money for almost no gain. Save you money and buy real headers.

Quote Originally Posted by Nepolian View Post
    Hard to decat as the cat is part of the down pipe. Only option is to cut it out, flange the cat and make test pipe. Complete waste of time and money for almost no gain. Save you money and buy real headers.
    how would i make a test pipe? does it weld on? thankyou

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Quote Originally Posted by BLV-27J View Post
    how would i make a test pipe? does it weld on? thankyou
    Are you GEEING me up or what?!

Cutting it, putting on a flange would obviously involve welding, what else are you gonna use? Aerodite?

Do you know what a test pipe is?

It is a straight piece of pipe that replaces the cat. Also very illegal and could attract a defect and a hefty fine!

Removing the catalytic converter is not legal for a road registered car.

Member Array
    Car:
    f20c
    I think its a 10k fine for test pipe

Also your oxygen sensors are located in the cat, so if you remove it then you've got to find somewhere else to run them. And without the oxygen sensors hooked up your car will throw a check engine light and run like shit.
    Wanted to Buy: Any aftermarket parts for DC5 Integra. PM me.

Member Array
    Car:
    ES1 Turbo, EK1
    Quote Originally Posted by Nepolian View Post
    Are you GEEING me up or what?!

Cutting it, putting on a flange would obviously involve welding, what else are you gonna use? Aerodite?

Do you know what a test pipe is?

It is a straight piece of pipe that replaces the cat. Also very illegal and could attract a defect and a hefty fine!
    he must be reading all the internet crap that says doing a de-cat will net him 10kw, lol.
    Car: 05' Civic Turbo Car: EK 97'
    Motor - D17 Motor - B20T
    Winton - 1:47 Winton - 1:46
    7th Gen Melbourne #1

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuci View Post
    Also your oxygen sensors are located in the cat, so if you remove it then you've got to find somewhere else to run them. And without the oxygen sensors hooked up your car will throw a check engine light and run like shit.
    Last time I changed a full exhaust on a DC5R the o2 Sensor was plugged in the extractor pipe. So I don't know how you found an o2 sensor on a cat? Are you talking from your own experiance? Sorry just curious.

De-cat does nothing. I had de-cat, no resonator, all on stock headers with Buddyclub spec3 exhaust and it sounded retardedly loud and all I smelt was fume in my cabin. Biggest headahce of an idea and exhaust popped way too much with exessive amount of flames/petrol.

Best thing was when I added a 200cell hi-flow cat, there was a nice difference and car still sounded nice. No fume smell, reduceded popping.
    無限 The Form is in the Function 無限
    teamGROUNDzero

Quote Originally Posted by DC2-PWR View Post
    Last time I changed a full exhaust on a DC5R the o2 Sensor was plugged in the extractor pipe. So I don't know how you found an o2 sensor on a cat? Are you talking from your own experiance? Sorry just curious.

De-cat does nothing. I had de-cat, no resonator, all on stock headers with Buddyclub spec3 exhaust and it sounded retardedly loud and all I smelt was fume in my cabin. Biggest headahce of an idea and exhaust popped way too much with exessive amount of flames/petrol.

Best thing was when I added a 200cell hi-flow cat, there was a nice difference and car still sounded nice. No fume smell, reduceded popping.
    The DC5Rs have a primary and seconday o2 sensor. The primary is in the extractor pipe and the secondary is in the cat. The reason for this is so that the ecu can take a reading both before and inside the cat, to ensure that the cat is doing it's job (to reduce emissions).

I am currently running a de-cat system, however that is because by headers came out of the box as a de-cat item, not because I removed it. The only reason I haven't put one in is because I'm hesitant to cut up a $1200+ header. And even still I'm considering doing it anyway just to be on the safe side.

To the OP, don't remove your cat man. Way more headaches than it's worth. Trust me from experience, a de-cat exhaust on a car with modern sensors and ecu is a nightmare. All for what? A little extra noise?
    Wanted to Buy: Any aftermarket parts for DC5 Integra. PM me.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    yeah +1 to not removing your cat converter, it will probably sound raspy and annoying and any gains (if any) I'm guessing won't be noticeable.
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuci View Post
    The DC5Rs have a primary and seconday o2 sensor. The primary is in the extractor pipe and the secondary is in the cat. The reason for this is so that the ecu can take a reading both before and inside the cat, to ensure that the cat is doing it's job (to reduce emissions).

I am currently running a de-cat system, however that is because by headers came out of the box as a de-cat item, not because I removed it. The only reason I haven't put one in is because I'm hesitant to cut up a $1200+ header. And even still I'm considering doing it anyway just to be on the safe side.

To the OP, don't remove your cat man. Way more headaches than it's worth. Trust me from experience, a de-cat exhaust on a car with modern sensors and ecu is a nightmare. All for what? A little extra noise?
    Funny I didn't notice any secondary o2 sensor, maybe the cat was aftermarket.

I don't think you need to chop your precious header metal off, just butcher abit from your exhaust and bolt the cat on to the header, extend the wires for o2 sensor. If you have an expensive exhaust system, then I understand your situation .
    無限 The Form is in the Function 無限
    teamGROUNDzero