Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array

aftermarket wipers

hey guys just after a replacement wipers for my dc2r, any suggestions on what to get?

im sick of generic repco and sca stuff, wouldnt mind paying premium for quality..

was looking at bosch twin blades and they have pretty good rep, anything else i should look at?

cheers
    naturally i finished my set.

Igor - go get a mate with a costco membership.

Goodyear wiper blades for $9 each.

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    i got tridon ones from autobarn, they seem pretty good so far, only thing i dont like is that the wiper arm sits on the top and not the bottom of the wiper blade (if that makes sense)

some kids garage
    A true car enthusiast appreciates the time, effort and money put into ANY sort of car, modified in ANY sort of style, whether they may like it or not.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    my local auto1 store stocks an amazing blade - cant remember the name of it =/
    i also use spoon wiper arms =)
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

Member Array
    Quote Originally Posted by googed View Post
    Igor - go get a mate with a costco membership.

Goodyear wiper blades for $9 each.
    hey man are they universal ones? and are they good quality? $9 each is quite cheap but i'm willing to pay more for quality items

Quote Originally Posted by Lukey View Post
    i got tridon ones from autobarn, they seem pretty good so far, only thing i dont like is that the wiper arm sits on the top and not the bottom of the wiper blade (if that makes sense)
    yeh i know what u mean lukey, they look a bit ugly imo...

Quote Originally Posted by TheSaint View Post
    my local auto1 store stocks an amazing blade - cant remember the name of it =/
    i also use spoon wiper arms =)
    is it worth spending the $135 for spoon wipers u reckon?

Member Array
    hmmmmm if i get the spoon wipers i can put spoon sticker on my car.... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by anzai View Post
    hmmmmm if i get the spoon wipers i can put spoon sticker on my car.... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    LOL, gives it that extra aerodynamic aid
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    i got them hella cheap and they are genuine - wouldnt have bought them brand new lol
    they actually dont help at all - they wobble just as much as normal ones at 110 lol

but they do look good =)
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    Anyone know how much oem honda cost ? Found these
    http://www.oemacuraparts.com/index.p...SHIELD%20WIPER
    snapping 2nd..

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz R
    This thread makes me laff! People need to learn how to maintain their front car Windscreens! A well maintained windscreen works well even with 6 month old single bald super cheap auto wiper blades!

First of all drain/spray out any remaining wiper fluid from your resivior (empty all of it)! Then clean your windscreen with heavy duty detergent dish washer fluid is always good! (get that muck off!) Then rinse off and leave no residue. Wipe down with microfiber cloth.

Next get hot water and news paper go over the windscreen again until it starts squeaking.

Next add RainX windscreen washer additive (yellow bottle avaliable from from supercheap for about $10) to your washer resivior. 1 part additive and 30 parts water or follow instructions on the label.

Replace your wipers including the wiper frame.

Moving forward when ever windscreen gets dusty or dirty spray with resivior fluid and swish the wiper blades.

Once the windscreen is coated with the rainx you'll find you wont even need wipers, water will start beading and just run off at above 60kms/h!

Never use your wipers on a dry windscreen!
    ALLIGATORS GOT A GATE

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by EG52NV View Post
    This thread makes me laff! People need to learn how to maintain their front car Windscreens! A well maintained windscreen works well even with 6 month old single bald super cheap auto wiper blades!

First of all drain/spray out any remaining wiper fluid from your resivior (empty all of it)! Then clean your windscreen with heavy duty detergent dish washer fluid is always good! (get that muck off!) Then rinse off and leave no residue. Wipe down with microfiber cloth.

Next get hot water and news paper go over the windscreen again until it starts squeaking.

Next add RainX windscreen washer additive (yellow bottle avaliable from from supercheap for about $10) to your washer resivior. 1 part additive and 30 parts water or follow instructions on the label.

Replace your wipers including the wiper frame.

Moving forward when ever windscreen gets dusty or dirty spray with resivior fluid and swish the wiper blades.

Once the windscreen is coated with the rainx you'll find you wont even need wipers, water will start beading and just run off at above 60kms/h!

Never use your wipers on a dry windscreen!
    WOW, never knew that.... lol, that actually makes alot of sense
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    genuine isnt pricey, about $20 each.
    OEM parts whore