Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz R

What is the diff between EG and EK seat rails?

Tonight I compared the rails on my brothers EG seats to the ones from my EK seats They seem to look the same to me, but I was always under the impression EK and EG seats were not interchangeable..

Can someone in the know please confirm?
    ALLIGATORS GOT A GATE

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Eg inner rails are shorter than ek, an vice versa, Both can work with some slight modding
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz R
    Quote Originally Posted by mugen_ctr View Post
    Eg inner rails are shorter than ek, an vice versa, Both can work with some slight modding
    Ohhh so that's where the difference is, I suspected there might have been a slight length difference when looking at them side by side but I think the difference is so slight I couldn't put my finger on it...

Thx for clearing that up!
    ALLIGATORS GOT A GATE

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    yeah, well im running dc2 seats, theres about a good .5 - 1 inch in bolt hole difference length if i recall from the dc2/eg rails to ek rails

DC2/eg rails sit about 1 inch lower compared to ek rails, so if ur planing on wanting a lower seat level, mod the eg rails, an throw away the ek rails

if ur not keen on that, swap out the eg rails, an bolt on the ek rails onto the eg seats, no welding or modding, simply bolt on job

Hope this helps you man
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Integra VTiR
    i just installed Ek seats in my sisters eg the other night and the rails on the out side are the same but the inner ones are shorter... but what you can do is simple take of the rail on inner and put it on the ek seats this is what i did as i no longer needed the eg seats. hope this helps
    "it's peanut butter jelly time!"

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz R
    Quote Originally Posted by JDM_VTIR View Post
    i just installed Ek seats in my sisters eg the other night and the rails on the out side are the same but the inner ones are shorter... but what you can do is simple take of the rail on inner and put it on the ek seats this is what i did as i no longer needed the eg seats. hope this helps
    Errr haven't you noticed the seat is lop sided as eg rails are lower then Ek rails...
    ALLIGATORS GOT A GATE

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Integra VTiR
    lop sided lol nah man i dont know how u see it lop sided but mine works fine... and its not lower lol have u tired it out yet? swaping rails ?
    "it's peanut butter jelly time!"

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz R
    Quote Originally Posted by JDM_VTIR View Post
    lop sided lol nah man i dont know how u see it lop sided but mine works fine... and its not lower lol have u tired it out yet? swaping rails ?
    Yeah this one time I swapped out 1 side of an eg seat rail into my EK seat put it in the car and seat was lower on 1 side. But if you swapped both rails then it should be fine
    ALLIGATORS GOT A GATE