Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro Luxury

[CL9]Removing the front bar and air intake

Disclaimer: The following is provided as a GUIDE ONLY, and neither myself nor Ozhonda take any responsibility for the outcomes of someone else doing the following. You follow these steps at your own risk!

Aim: a guide to the removal of bumper and stock intake to make way for that CAI you always wanted
    Required: a couple of screw drivers and a size 10 spanner/socket wrench
    Steps: as follows
    Other comments be careful, you don't wanna break anything.

step 1: using a flat head screw driver pop off all those panel fasteners, they're really only made for single use, so be careful you don't break them, or you'll need to replace them.

step 2 now using a 10mm socket wrench, locate all the bolts holding the bumper on the bottom underneath the front.

step 3 now using a philips head screw driver, locate the screws holding the bumper in place underneath the wheel guard, after doing so you should be able to unclip it from the sides.

Ok by now you should be able to remove the bumper, you might need a hand esp if you have the lux model which will have the wires to the foggies and headlight washers still connected, just unclip

a bit of water will still continue to flow out after you disconnect the headlight washer hose, dont worry, you'll just most likely have to refill your washer bottle later....

now with the bumper out of the way, lets rip out that Stock Intake!

step 4 now we'll start of with the obvious, loosen all the clamps and undo all the little hoses connected to the main pipe.

step 5 now locate those bolts and undo them using a 10mm socket wrench

from memory there was only two on the top half, now it should be ready to come strait out

step 6 now with the top half of the intake out of the way,lets get rid of that resonator.
    locate all the bolts and again using the 10mm socket wrench remove them.

after removing the resonator and the other bits and pieces, you should be left with this

Ok now to Install that CAI, I will make a DIY soon for the Injen, as I just fit mine in, but that will be a different thread, Hope this has helped, I wasn't too keen about removing the bumper myself, but its really not that hard.

Good luck fellas
    For Sale: 2003 Accord Euro CL9 Lux 6MT

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    The panel fasteners are like $3 for 20 of them on eBay... I got a whole bag of them at home. They're call "bitch-clips" apparently
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro Luxury
    yea I busted a couple of mine, need to replace them.

do you have an intake on yours??
    For Sale: 2003 Accord Euro CL9 Lux 6MT

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Not yet, even when I do it'll be the CT-E icebox, I can't do long tube CAI cause of weather, and DC header + RT cat is making enough noise already... I don't need more noise :-p
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    07' CL9 Lux 5AT
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    Not yet, even when I do it'll be the CT-E icebox, I can't do long tube CAI cause of weather, and DC header + RT cat is making enough noise already... I don't need more noise :-p
    Just installed an Icebox on mine two days ago and I have to say that it is definitely noisier than stock! Was not too happy at first as most people have suggested that it is only noisier when you're absolutely flogging it. For me, the increased noise is definitely there in day to day driving, most notably at high load low rpm situations (i.e. going up hill). I'll get used to though, and on the plus side, vtec sounds awesome!

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by jono_l View Post
    Just installed an Icebox on mine two days ago and I have to say that it is definitely noisier than stock! Was not too happy at first as most people have suggested that it is only noisier when you're absolutely flogging it. For me, the increased noise is definitely there in day to day driving, most notably at high load low rpm situations (i.e. going up hill). I'll get used to though, and on the plus side, vtec sounds awesome!
    What filter were you using with the icebox?

There's known seal issues with the I've box when using certain filters

http://tsx.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=660860

Member Array
    Car:
    07' CL9 Lux 5AT
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    What filter were you using with the icebox?

There's known seal issues with the I've box when using certain filters

http://tsx.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=660860
    I'm using the supplied foam filter which I believe is a Unifilter item. Definitely not a filter issue though - I ran it for half a day with only the new lid and filter installed (didn't have time to tackle the bumper at that time) and the noise increase was minimal then.

It's the resonator removal that does it - the high load low rpm noise sounds exactly like my last car where my own youthful exuberance had led me to throw out the intake resonator for those fully sick induction noises.

Nothing that can't be fixed by turning up the radio though!

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Hey,Nice job there mate!

Keep the DIY's comin'!