Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    my06 wrx STi

b16a,b18c or type R??

hey people , ive done a search and couldnt really find wat i was actualy looking for so anyways i got a new job at coke company ,and im preety sure i would be making sum pocket money so i was thinking of doing a engine conversion on my eg civic...
    now first of all i would like to say im also thinking about going turbo after the conversion,i would like sum help of how much a b16a fited with gearbox also a b18c2 (vti-r integra???)with gearbox fited and a b18c7 type R engine also including the gearbox fited would cost,and which engine would respond positive to the turbo the most?can i still be reving hard even if i got turbo? thanks for ur time everyone i really need sum big help im sick of my SOHC vtec its 2 slow

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1, JAZZ, ITR, EURO
    Go ahead to B18C7 with type R gear box. If you often drive at high rev, oil cooler and aluminium radiator are good options.

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    turbod... or built turbod.

congrats on the job though
    [TNT] Team No Traction - Cos No Traction Is Underrated

Two turbos, is better then one.

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    Quote Originally Posted by edw-R
    Go ahead to B18C7 with type R gear box. If you often drive at high rev, oil cooler and aluminium radiator are good options.
    either way,. if u want a conversion, give charlie at Good performance a call, he'll hit u up with costs and options

Member Array
    Car:
    my06 wrx STi
    Quote Originally Posted by Weq
    either way,. if u want a conversion, give charlie at Good performance a call, he'll hit u up with costs and options
    yeha definetly weq,as soon as i get some $$$ il be there

does anybody know how much each of these conversions cost by experience?plus the turbo instal,thanks people

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda's
    go the big block.. H22A

Member Array
    Car:
    DC4
    Why don't you look into boosting your current D Series?

I've seen young Weq's shopping cart demolish many a cocky ****.

Member Array
    Car:
    my06 wrx STi
    naahhhhh,dont want my sohc vtec...

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    umm i cant be exact, depends on what b-series parts u want..

18c's are pretty hard to find for cheap, so it might cost u anywhere between 6-10k depending, if u want to replace pistons/use type-r gear, u will be looking at the 10k range, drive in/out. Charlies quoted around 10k for a another guys with a d-series, who was buying a semi built b18c (head and pistons), with type-r box... im pretty sure he includes engineering and rego in these prices also, they are true turnkey, nothing to worry about.

Member Array
    Car:
    Boosted CRX SiR
    First & foremost, congrats on your new position at Coke...secondly, what type of budget are you willing to put aside for this conversion as this is no doubt your primary factor...& thirdly, what are you hoping to achieve from it...I don't see how transplanting in a B16A & force-inducting it won't satisfy your needs (my own lil boosted pocket rocket always brings a smile to my face & astonishment from others )...this is more cost-effective than the other two (you would require deep pockets for Type R half-cut + boost) & it allows you some room for other mods such as upgraded internals (forged pistons & rods) if you wish to run higher boost...it all adds up & it won't be cheap...good luck with it all & keep us updated to which approach you decide on exploring...

Member Array
    Car:
    Gen2 CRX, MR2, IS250
    i agree with Joneblaze..
    the D16Y is a great start for a turbo conversion.. If power is what you want and u dont want to spend more than what your car is worth, going turbo is hard to beat..
    its not worth ur money if u change to B16A, then turbo, coz you'll spend heaps more and it will be as fast as your B16Y turbo...

Turbo's like 9.3:1 compression alot more than 10.4:1!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    my06 wrx STi
    thanks for everyones help, my budget would be $4000 for the b16a plus gearbox and around $8000 il pay for the b18c7 plus gearbox any more then that i just wont be able to afford.as for the turbo im not sure how much turbo kits go for but wouldnt want to spend more then $5000,and i would be happy to have around 150 kw atw at the end of the day and i really want people to go WTF ??? hehe