Member Array
    Car:
    Hondaless :(

lug nut type and length

Hi all,

Just bought a new set of enkei J10s. Looking to get some new lug nuts - I know the pitch is 12x1.5 and I need so called 'tapered' lug nuts.
    My question is, are the terms tapered/conical/acorn all interchangeable? Shopping around you see them all used for nuts that look the same to me.
    I've seen this image

and as I understand, stock are on the right and aftermarket are on the left.

so would an example of so called 'tapered' nuts be these
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/BUDDY-CLU...item255a88dbaf
    which is GOOD and what I need..

and ball ones are like this
    http://t3technique.com/media/images/...nd_nuts_lg.jpg
    which is BAD

The difference is fairly subtle to me but I guess it would be far more noticeable if I were holding them in my hand. Am I just reading too much into things and pretty much all aftermarket lug nuts and wheels come as 60degree tapered? And one last thing...what length should I go for?

Thanks
    b series vtec goes up to 11...

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8, EF2
    Pretty much all aftermarket wheel nuts aimed at Japanese car and wheel owners are 60° tapered. I think you would have to be extremely unlucky to accidently buy some that are ball seated, since they are unobtainium in the aftermarket.

Just get whatever length you think will look nice. I have awesome extended ones because all my wheels have epic concave.

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    MV Agusta F4
    If you need tapered nuts then get tapered nuts. Do not used any other type. Get nuts to suit your wheels mating surface.
    Deano.

Member Array
    Car:
    Hondaless :(
    Cool thanks guys
    b series vtec goes up to 11...