Member Array
    Car:
    "07" CL9 Limited Lux

[CL9] Single or dual stage Driver airbag?

Hi guys,

Can anyone confirm whether the CL9 lux has a single or dual stage driver steering wheel airbag?

Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    "07" CL9 Limited Lux
    DC5r is single stage so is CL7 i think, 2003-05 Accord is dual stage, odyssey is also dual stage previous gen and also this gen i assume, CU2 is dual stage, tsx first and second gen are dual stage, ap1 single stage, ap2 dual stage......but i cant bloody find out about our CL9!! lol
    Aaronng?

whats the diff btw single and dual?

Member Array
    Car:
    "07" CL9 Limited Lux
    dual just has 2 adapators to the device which activates the actual airbag. The 2 adapters trigger the airbag depending on the extent of the collision. So the first trigger is activated initially when the sensor detects an impact, and if it more severe and the second sensor is triggered, this will activate the airbag with a second pulse to cushion the impact. A single stage just means that it doesnt matter the extent of the impact, the airbag will be triggered the same. As far as I can understand anyhow.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    The manual and brochure does not mention any dual stage airbags for the CL9 Euro. So they might be single stage only.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

If CL7 is single, I think CL9 should be also single, the parts should be similar to save of stocking up lot of different parts.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by tron07 View Post
    If CL7 is single, I think CL9 should be also single, the parts should be similar to save of stocking up lot of different parts.
    But, CL9 TSX is dual stage. So it is a bit tough to guess. I pulled out my 2003 paper brochure for the Accord Euro and couldn't find any mention of dual stage airbags. Since it is a feature that they would want to advertise if the car had it, I reckon our CL9 does not.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    "07" CL9 Limited Lux
    ^ Thats Aaronng for looking it up! Very much appreciated!

Im leaning towards thinking that we have dual stage airbags. The 2004 or that era models of the Odyssey, Accord VTI and V6, S2000(AP2 2004 onwards), MDX, Legend and even the 2001 Accord LEV also had dual-stage airbags. S2000 AP1 which was 1999 onwards as well as the DC5 (1999-2004) didnt come with dual stage since they were introduced earlier. Cant find anything of the DC5-S model though or the Civic FD.

Regarding the CL7 and CL9. The Momo steering wheel of a CL7 is pretty much identical to that of the EP3 and DC5r (besides different colour badge). So I guess they just used the same steering wheel on the CL7 to save cost instead of having to develop a different steering wheel. Cant really compare with the US cars, since even their EP3 and RSX did come with dual-stage even with their first generation models.

I couldv'e taken off the steering wheel airbag to check, which isnt hard, but i dont have the screw driver to take off the torx screws!
    Last edited by snYpz; 17-08-2011 at 09:06 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Get the part number for the air bags on our AUDM and compare it to USDM part number for air bags perhaps?
    if they are the same part number they'd have to the same specs arent they?
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    07' CL9 Lux 5AT
    I've got a wiring diagram from what I believe to be the 03 EUDM CL7/9 service manual. It suggests that both CL7/9 driver's airbags only use a 2-pole connector.

I'm assuming that a dual stage airbag would require at least 3 poles to function - two positive triggers and one common ground at the very least. If my assumption is correct, and also assuming that the EUDM CL9 is similar to our CL9, my money is on ours having a single stage bag.

Member Array
    Car:
    "07" CL9 Limited Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    I pulled out my 2003 paper brochure for the Accord Euro and couldn't find any mention of dual stage airbags. Since it is a feature that they would want to advertise if the car had it, I reckon our CL9 does not.
    I just was curious and looked up the CU2 brochure. The CU2 definitely has dual stage airbags, but it isnt mentioned in the brochure either.