Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    hondas suck <3

Accelerating to quickly?

Mate got pulled over today for "accelerating to quickly" although the cop admitted he wasn't speeding, he said he could still fine him for this...

any truth to that?

Member Array
    Car:
    EVO
    its a nicer way of saying 'dragging' or 'hooning'. guess it comes in as another form of 'driving wrecklessly'. but we need more details to see if theres 'any truth to that'...
    /////ALPINE - )))morel - dYnaudio - \\Image Dynamics// - audison - optima - co|\|ection audison - stinger - Dynamat

They brought the "accelerating quickly" law in as a hoon law recently in Victoria. Biggest load of shit. How do you determine if someone is accelerating quickly? The one that is ahead of everyone once the lights go green?

Member Array
    Car:
    hondas suck <3
    to be honest, my mate is a bit of a hoon, he thinks his a smart hoon though, he has a Stock Evo, sitting on pacific highway next to police car at the front of the lights, takes off slowly, its a 60 zone, redlines first, shifts into 2nd and cruises, cop pulls him over. that is literally all that happened.

Quote Originally Posted by cracker View Post
    to be honest, my mate is a bit of a hoon, he thinks his a smart hoon though, he has a Stock Evo, sitting on pacific highway next to police car at the front of the lights, takes off slowly, its a 60 zone, redlines first, shifts into 2nd and cruises, cop pulls him over. that is literally all that happened.
    To be honest, I don't think he's very smart at all. Why would you even redline it next to a copper? Unless it was unmarked or something?

Member Array
    Car:
    hondas suck <3
    because he belives there is no fine for 'rapid acceleration', so his theory is that "what would they fine me for?"
    Last edited by cracker; 18-08-2011 at 06:23 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EVO
    yer not a smart move by your friend to be honest. was there a need to redline it? no mention of 2 lanes merging so we can rule that out i guess

you mentioned the cop said 'could still fine him for this', im assuming your friend didnt end up recieving one. he should consider himself lucky..
    /////ALPINE - )))morel - dYnaudio - \\Image Dynamics// - audison - optima - co|\|ection audison - stinger - Dynamat

Member Array
    Car:
    hondas suck <3
    to be honest, his an idiot, he has been stopped and threatened twice before in relation to this exact offense and never been booked for it.

he was in the right lane, so a merging lane probably wouldn't be relative, note, I found this from another forum and LOL theres a guy named Cracker in that thread as well (no not me)

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/...ast-60kph.html

Member Array
    Car:
    Understand
    revving past 4k = wreckless driving.

in cops eyes anyway.

~King Of Spam~

Member Array
    Car:
    hondas suck <3
    Road Traffic Act 1974:

Division 4 — Impounding and confiscation of vehicles for certain offences
    78A. Interpretation of Division 4
    In this Division —
    “circumstances of aggravation” means circumstances in which —
    (a) the vehicle is being used to race another vehicle;
    (b) the vehicle is being used in an attempt to establish or break a speed record;
    (c) the speed, or the acceleration, braking or steering capability, of the vehicle is being tested or contested in any way;
    (d) the skill of the vehicle’s driver is being tested or contested in any way;
    (e) the vehicle is driven in a manner that causes smoke to come from one or more of the vehicle’s tyres or a substance on the driving surface; or
    (f) the vehicle is driven in a manner that causes one or more of the vehicle’s driving wheels to lose traction with the driving surface;

that is all i found, apparently it falls under C and D, can anyone else actually find anything concrete though regarding this law?

Member Array
    Car:
    Understand
    I giggled a little at E.

Losing traction is considered doing a burnout. whether you're at the lights and your foot slips at the clutch or cornering and your wheels squeal. Losing hectik traction is considered an offence.

~King Of Spam~

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    lol @ your mate, sif redline a sports car right next to a pig