Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    your definitely getting one in the mail.

happened to me, but was a HWP.

Quote Originally Posted by aznalex View Post
    Question: Will I get a speeding ticket through the mail?

Summary: 8pm, I overtake an old lookin 4wd cop vehicle doing 90 in a 60 zone, got pulled over, I admitted to 80.., cop said "ill just say u were doing 70 or else u will lose ur green P license"

*she takes my license, does whatever with it, come back n chats says something about a warning or fine i dont know, gives it back, then lets me go*

^So - goes back to the main question up top^

btw my car wasnt roaring past the cop car, i was in 5th gear

LMAO! Funny enough i have a story like this when i first got my license on my daily before i settled my speeding demons down
    Was doing 180km/h in a 70km/h (Yes, i was a ****ing IDIOT), thank god nothing happened to me nor anybody else on the road...
    Don't know why i was going that fast but yeah.. Anywho...

Came to a set of lights, cop pulled up, cracked it told me pull over...
    Got asked. "How fast you think your going mate?"
    Me: Uh.... im not sure, didn't notice the speedo, maybe 100km/h, sir"
    Cop: "Rubbish, you were at least doing 130km/h+ (Me thinking oh ****, here we go... going to court, folks going to kill me >.>)
    Me: "Well if you believe so, but i honestly don't think i was going that fast"
    Cop: "Heres your license, you'll receieve a fine in the mail"

Was a 70km/h zone..

Fine came... He put 80km/h zone, booked me at 90km/h...

Letters do come but at the luck of the draw! She might do you for what she believes but when a radar isn't present it's hard to assume such a high speed.
    Very questionable and can cause reasonable doubt if you choose to take it the court hence why they book you for much less

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    ^ if you kept quiet you could of got away with no fine at all but you admitted with recording so thats enough to get you for a fine if no radar detected

Quote Originally Posted by GSi_PSi View Post
    ^ if you kept quiet you could of got away with no fine at all but you admitted with recording so thats enough to get you for a fine if no radar detected
    eh... only 10km/h... not a big deal
    Was happy to get what i got tbh. Coulda been worse

Member Array
    Car:
    shooting star
    legally a police officer cannot do you for speeding unless they have you on the speed camera doing that range. they can only do you for negligent driving. mail ticket is out of the question can be battled in court and police officer can have his word against yours with no evidence of you speeding.

Quote Originally Posted by Samm928 View Post
    legally a police officer cannot do you for speeding unless they have you on the speed camera doing that range. they can only do you for negligent driving. mail ticket is out of the question can be battled in court and police officer can have his word against yours with no evidence of you speeding.
    good luck telling a court that a 18year old kid is right over a veteran highway patrol officer. lol.

Member Array
    Car:
    02 DC5
    Hey guys just thought i would follow up on this case.

It has been almost 2 months and no speeding ticket in the mail

I think its more likely that u will get one if u r in a sporty car with exhaust
    Ps i have a sad face panda sitting at the back of my window mabe that helped! Lol

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Lead
    What a weak setup this story was. You overtake the cop car by going 30km over the limit and your excuse for not seeing it was a cop is that the road was poorly lit? Doesn't sound like the greatest road to be going 30 over on in the first place.

Anyway to answer your question: If the cop mentions the word 'warning' then there will be no fine.

Some stories are better kept to yourself though
    Last edited by qstoria; 28-10-2011 at 03:17 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2
    Due to your speeding being less than 30km/h, it is counted as a minor offense and you will get a letter in say a fortnight to a month
    StanceSlutz

Member Array
    Car:
    97 integra
    pretty late reply but yes fine in the mail is possible as i got one sent to me about 1-2 months after my offense. I got done for negligent driving in nsw and got the letter at my address in qld.

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    Quote Originally Posted by GSi_PSi View Post
    this

if they don't have radar proof don't admit to shit, heck even if they say they do don't say shit

doesn't matter if you were doing like 200+ always say you were doing the speed limit

Member Array
    Car:
    02 DC5
    Quote Originally Posted by qstoria View Post
    What a weak setup this story was. You overtake the cop car by going 30km over the limit and your excuse for not seeing it was a cop is that the road was poorly lit? Doesn't sound like the greatest road to be going 30 over on in the first place.

Anyway to answer your question: If the cop mentions the word 'warning' then there will be no fine.

Some stories are better kept to yourself though
    I think i mentioned the cop car being an old beat up 4wd with unclear markings and all dirty with mud on top of that another car tailgating the vehicle, since i was going at 90 with bad lighting it was quite difficult to distinguish the cop car