Member Array
    Car:
    2010 cu2 euro

Tyre Prices Legit and parallel Importers

Hi,

In the past i have purchased tyres based on the price as most of us do but I have to say its one of the biggest problems we face. Should I buy the cheapest or should i pay a little extra to gurantee a legit tyre not a parallel imported one.

I also forgot to add that there is no warranty from the tyre manufacture in aus in they are parallel imported. so for eg if the side wall blows out NO WARRANTY!! meaning the tyre place doesnt have to replace them.

I am currently looking at purchasing some Falken 452's for my car in 205/40 r17 i have just called about 5 places.

Just to list a few (Price for falken 452):
    Blairs - 190 Best price then offered of 185
    Jax quick fit Liverpool $175
    & cheapest of them all
    Tyre Kingdome $145

What would you do??
    Last edited by blabla; 30-08-2011 at 07:58 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    IF its all of the same tire, than obvious u pay the cheapest pricing LOL

If just go for the last and cheapest option, if its daily car, the last thing u want is to spend heaps on it
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    2010 cu2 euro
    Quote Originally Posted by mugen_ctr View Post
    IF its all of the same tire, than obvious u pay the cheapest pricing LOL

If just go for the last and cheapest option, if its daily car, the last thing u want is to spend heaps on it
    I actually care about warranty. Not the same tyre if they are parallel imported. They are actually manufactured for that specific country. Compound bla bla bla

Prime example is the proxy 4's that i currently have 2 are made in Japan for Aus the other 2 are made in the USA not for Aus. Can you guess which is parallel imported??
    Last edited by blabla; 26-08-2011 at 05:16 PM.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    You asked what he'd do, and he answered you.

I'd do the same thing, buy from the cheapest seller. I doubt a sidewall is going to just blow out on you, provided you're driving appropriately and have the tyres pumped up to the proper PSI.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by blabla View Post
    I actually care about warranty. Not the same tyre if they are parallel imported. They are actually manufactured for that specific country. Compound bla bla bla

Prime example is the proxy 4's that i currently have 2 are made in Japan for Aus the other 2 are made in the USA not for Aus. Can you guess which is parallel imported??
    Well u just answered ur own question, so pay the lil extra an get the warranty

When i purchased my tires new, i never once thought of warranty, an i brought it from a rep place, which done warranty on tires, and never once did i have a problem with the tire, which makes me think, why pay for more, if i know nothing will go wrong with the tire from the factory, and if thousands of others use the same tire, yet have no problems, why am i paying more for something i dont need???

But again, ur money ur choice man
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    2010 cu2 euro
    I get that he has answered the question but like tyres ate a pretty serious thing. Like I gave the example of what has happened to me
    Last edited by blabla; 26-08-2011 at 09:57 PM.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Then as mugen_ctr said previously you've already answered your own question. Pay more money and get the warranty/proof that the tyres are legit.

Me personally I just buy from places that I believe are honest, and I get the cheapest price possibly.

Member Array
    Car:
    CRX Del Sol
    dude if you buy a tyre from a retail outlet and it F^%*&'s up then they have to replace it, parallel or not. unless they stipulate to you prior to purchase that these tyres are not covered by warranty then they HAVE to replace them