Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

EU3 (01 Pre facelift) - Mods / Parts help?

Hey guys

I have recently bought an EU3 (2001 / pre facelift) civic, and i'm having a real hard time trying to source mods and parts for this thing.

So far, ive gathered that:

-You can interchange the whole front bumper of an EP3 (Preface lift?) to replace the current, so its a two part bumper instead of the current 1 piece.

-EP3 Headlights should fit my pre face lift EU3?

-EP3 rear spoiler wont fit without modification?

Im not too fussed with the 1 piece bumper, but ive seen some EU3s (Pre facelift) With a Lip/Skirt/Rear apron/ Rear spoiler kits on em, are these factory parts? anyone know how much they would go for or where id be able to get some?

Trying to also find out more on intake (just for fun) Anyone been able to source any cold air/short ram kits for the EU3 (2001)? or even a panel filter?

Any sort of visual modifications or parts sourcing would be much appreciated, as i am having quite a hard time finding it specifically for the prefacelift EU3.

Member Array
    Car:
    EU3, FN2R, S2K
    hey there
    i once had a eu3 and these are the mods that you could do to it

either springs or you could go with some coilovers either from ep3 or dc5 all you have to do is shave abit off the coilovers to put them on

also the lip skirt and rear apron and spoiler are all from factory you could try wreckers for parts and/or buy brand new parts from honda unsure of price though but i remember i asked for the front lip kit for my facelift and it was i think 600 unpainted?

for intake you can get it from the states go on ebay and type in civic 2001-2005 intake and there should be plenty
    can get a cheapy kit such as
    -http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SHORT-RAM-INTAKE-HONDA-CIVIC-2001-05-1-7LITRE-EX-/370495899544?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item 564346c798
    or
    -http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2001-2005-HONDA-CIVIC-EX-MT-BLUE-COLD-AIR-INTAKE-2002-/150646354469?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories &hash=item231338f225

or if your willing to fork out alot more then you can always go for higher up grade intake
    such as :
    -http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Injen-Cold-Air-Intake-Honda-Civic-2001-2005-DX-LX-EX-/360211727028?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories &hash=item53de4ac2b4
    or
    -http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/New-K-N-Intake-kit-2001-05-Honda-Civic-Si-2-0L-69-1009-/280436658177?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories &hash=item414b53d001#ht_2666wt_1139
    just gotta browse and in the end it comes to what you want and prefer
    a drop in panel filter can also be purchased from k&N from states as well but your looking at around 120 shipped rather just save up for an intake

from memory a cwest kit for ep3 can be fitted on the eu3 as well

otherwise you can have a look here

http://www.jdmconcept.com.au/index.p...id=128&cid=267

anyways thats all i can think of atm
    hope that helps you
    Mr.PT

Member Array
    Car:
    ES1 Turbo, EK1
    dont need coilovers from Ep3 or DC5, when theres coilovers for the civic from 01 to 05.

intake, ino just get any cheap 1 from ebay, the D17 dont respond to bolt-ons very well.

there are factory lip kits for the EU3, but from what i know my mate fit a Mugen bumper on his EU with a little gap where the grill was.

check out the 7th gen thread, i think theres a few pics of his car on here
    Car: 05' Civic Turbo Car: EK 97'
    Motor - D17 Motor - B20T
    Winton - 1:47 Winton - 1:46
    7th Gen Melbourne #1

Hey Guys,

Thanks heaps for the info, but with the intakes, do you reckon it matters which i get? as in most of them are labeled for the sedan versions (lx ex etc), does the hatch and sedan have the same size engine bay?

with cheap intakes though, that short ram you linked i think its for an eg, the shape doesnt make sense at all awaiting a reply from seller, and the other cheapest intake ranges from $100+, but comes as 2 pipes for cai, i could just use the first pipe as a Short ram right?...

The lip seems to come at quite a price, might try go with the ep3 front end, prob could source one for cheaper then factory stuff, but think the side skirt and rear apron i have no choice now .

Yeah i found some coils on ebay specifically for the civic 01 to 05, but will hold that off till i get some more money, just need more inspiration now
    Last edited by sutoban; 23-08-2011 at 12:43 AM.

was thinking of going this
    http://www.knfilters.com/search/prod...x?Prod=57-3513

found one at a decent price but its stated for the civic sedan lx dx ex model? looks pretty much the same for my engine bay...any thoughts?

Member Array
    Car:
    ES1 Turbo, EK1
    imo not worth it, ur better off getting the panel filter and using DIY pipe to make a cold feed to the intake.

if i could do it all over again i would just leave it stock until i went turbo, when i had to change from my AEM intake to stock u could feel the difference where the power band was.
    best bet is to change it to a panel filter, the most ull gain from a CIA with the D17 is like 2KW or less.

as for lip kit u are right, sad to say their arnt many lip kits for the EU.

as for coilovers if ur just going for looks a good set of springs with ur stock shocks will work just fine.
    if ur looking to do a track day or 2 in the near future i suggest get a set of shocks as well with ur springs.

koni yellows and GC sleeves can be had for around $1000 delivered to ur door from the US, and alot better then cheap coilovers.
    Motor - D17 Motor - B20T
    7th Gen Melbourne #1

Member Array
    Car:
    '01 Civic VTi
    i got a panel k&n filter in my eu3 and it felt great at first. now im just used to it.

Member Array
    Car:
    2.4 EP3R
    Youv'e got PM

hey guys, thanks for the advise, but ive gone with a cold air intake, if it doesnt work out, ill just sell it :S.
    just looking at lip kits for my car now.

Ive found a couple located in the UK, where they make replica's, most of them look suited for the EP3,
    but ive asked the guy, shown him my car, and he says it will fit my car, what do you guys reckon?.

Front Lip:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-Civi...item19c7ae0d2e

Side skirt: (made for the 5dr model )
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Honda-Civ...item19c7ae55be

Rear Splitter:
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Honda-Civ...item19c7ae45e5

He said they would fit my car, but im real unsure about the front and rear splitter, evenly more because the picture of the rear splitter is of one on an actual ep3, opinions?

congrats on the eu3!

only part of the ep3 kit that will fit is the front bumper. the side skirts, rear bumper and wing don't fit without modification. there was someone on here who had someone customise it to fit. i bought a replica mugen grille and tried to fit it, and it just doesn't work so don't bother with that idea :P

intake can be bought off ebay, just search d17 ex. in all honesty, it won't make much different to performance - only sound. likewise for an exhaust system. springs are the same as dc5, and ep3. coilovers, the rears will need to be shaved a bit to fit and you will need the front tie rod ends from either dc5 or ep3.

my advice would be to do the suspension - springs/shocks, coilovers and a ep3 or dc5 rear sway bar. that will make huge difference and you will enjoy driving it much more! i went through all the fuss of buying this and that for it, and at the end of the day it was never an ep3 and doesn't compare to one. save your money, and buy one. they aren't too expensive nowadays!

i think the standard eu3 body kit looks nice and suits the body of the car. you can try source one off yahoo auctions. rarely will you come across them on ebay.
    d e e p S i x [d6]™

Im currently looking at some lowered springs but cant find any specifically for the EU3.

Was considering coilovers but im a little low on funds right now, but i really need to get rid of this 4WD stance my car currently has.

Any suggestion on springs? i didnt really want to spend more then $300 on lowered springs, and was hoping to use them on my factory shocks till i can get shortened shocks to suit them.

Member Array
    Car:
    ES1 Turbo, EK1
    tien, skunk2, king springs, tenso. ect

u havent been looking hard enough, lol.

they have been out for ages
    Motor - D17 Motor - B20T
    7th Gen Melbourne #1