Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R

My 03 CL9 Build - Warning LOTS OF PICS

Here is the completed build of my 03’ CL9 as I think it should have come out of the factory..
    It has taken me 2 ½ years of saving and being a dodgy uni student, but here it is. I originally wasn't going to post this, but hopefully this can be of some help for people out there.

Before I started modding my car, I honestly had no idea how to change a tyre. I honestly feel that the best way to learn is just to get out there and give it a shot!

This build isn’t extreme or crazy, just a normal guy modding his car. Here we go!

Here is a picture of the car on the day that I got it. It's a very rare colour (indigo blue pearl) only produced in 03' for a few months.

Here is a picture of the dodgy $10 Cold Air Intake I made from bunnings material!

Then I decided to buy FN2R Rims (Civic type R), which I managed to find on ebay.

The only problem was… The car looked like a CRV 

So after a lot of research, I decided to get Buddclub N+ coilovers. The idea of height adjustability really appealed to me.

Here is a pic of the car lowered with an Ingalls rear camber kit as well.

Another pic

Here’s a pic of half installed Euro-R pedals.

Then I decided that I needed some more straight line power. Here I have acquired Top speed headers, high flow cat and a Haltech Platinum interceptor for tuning.

Then I decided to get a real CAI and replace my dodgy ghetto intake.

My brakes were starting to shutter under heavy braking, so I decided to upgrade my rotors and pads. I went for Racingbrake HP front and rear rotors and racing grade pads. No more brake fading. 

I installed an Xcarlink unit so I play music and speak to people over Bluetooth.

My car on the dyno..

Achieved 122kw atw first time round. Not a great result, but the headers were small and gave good torque gains, so it felt pretty good

Installed some interior bling – this gear knob is freezing in winter and boiling in summer. But when it’s a normal temperature, it feels good.

I ended up raising the car because I was scraping on a heap of things. here’s how the car stood for a good 6 months..

Then I finally got around to installing a Rear sway bar. The size difference in the bars isn’t that great, but the feel of the car was now so solid and flat through corners.

Then I decided to get a $70 (painted) boot lip spoiler from Taiwan. Good purchase well installed by the ever precise GF.

For you guys :P

Strut bar acquired – made turn in sharper

Then came some more JDM stuff – Euro r Grille

Type-S badging because I didn’t want Euro-R on the car. Flame away if you want.

Then after months of searching and tracking down, I found a Euro-r front lip, euro-r rear lip and OEM sport side skirts. Of course, none of these were ever made in my colour from Honda so off to get resprayed!

YAY Finally installed after months of shipping and waiting and waiting and painting and waiting...

Last edited by npcan2; 26-08-2011 at 06:52 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Then time for an exhaust system to fill out the rear lip Not too loud, not too quiet..

Exhaust + lip kit and yes, I know the car is in dire need of more lows.

Here is a couple of shots my mate took at Deakin Uni. Thanks Bennet and Sem.

Stock shifter on the left, Mugen short shifter on the right. Nice solid changes.

Then my mate had the unfortunate experience of hydrolocking his euro with and Injen CAI and a big puddle. I ended up ‘borrowing’ his silver interior inserts as I always hated the woodgrain look.

JDM red rocker cover and silver spark plug cover.. At least 20kw right there!

Then it was time to replace the old top speed ebay headers with something that had a bit more bang.

Then it was time for a retune with the new headers 143.9kw atw is a very nice figue... It was also around this time moar lows was acquired; +1 for adjustable coilovers!

Here are some sweet shots my mate took at a random car wash. Thanks Chris!

Then CL1 EuroR Recaro’s with CL9 rails acquired... They match the cream interior really well!

From inside... My god they are comfy.. Even better than the leather seats!

And finally, how the car stands and looks as of a couple of days ago... Thanks to Sem and Simon

So that’s basically what I’ve done to my car over the last few years. Feel free to pick my brain about any of this! If I don’t know the answer.. I’m sure someone else does. :P
    Last edited by npcan2; 22-08-2011 at 07:44 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    04 CL9, 11 323i
    sex certainly can't wait for a melbourne meet

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    holy fuark that looks so good compared to how it originally did!

Love your short build very much!

and 122 kW atw is sweet!
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    whoops my bad. 143 is nuts!
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

niceee... love the seats

Member Array
    Car:
    04 CL9, 11 323i
    yeah just realized your euro must be a luxury... so does that mean no more seat warmers :P

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Stock manual makes 110kw atw there abouts, so you've gained about 33kw. Niiiiiice

The $10000 dollar question is... Are you running with a test pipe atm? If so avoid cops like plague lol
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    Sweet build dude,

Really like the right up as well, heaps of progress pics +1 rep!

The 33kw gain was all due to the red valve cover! Lol.

Love it!
    HCCM#23

02 DC5 ITR

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    Do you go to deakin if so checking out the car park everyday for it man where did you get it tuned did u loose vsa and cruise and can you control vtc oh so many questions I'm so excited

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by DA9B18C View Post
    Sweet build dude,

Really like the right up as well, heaps of progress pics +1 rep!

The 33kw gain was all due to the red valve cover! Lol.

Love it!
    I beg to differ, it was the ozhonda sticker
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC