Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC5R

Finally...KPRO in my 06 CL9!!

Here is an alternative to K-tuned dual harness setup!

Thanks to Joel at Driven Performance Singapore for the harness and the after sales support!
    Details of harness are here...
    http://www.drivencrazy.com.sg/index.php/archives/52

Here are a couple of pics
    Harness plugged in

kpro hidden under the carpet!

couple of notes
    No cruise control
    No VSA
    Can use stock o2 sensor but can't see a/f ratio
    Idles fine and no issues so far.
    Very easy to install, just locate stock ECU, unplug from stock and plug into harness and your away!
    Last edited by wuism; 06-06-2011 at 07:25 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Euro, Evo 8
    Very interesting, looking forward to seeing some figures when it's tuned.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Congrats.

WOW, thats a lot wiring!

Just got 2 questions cause I'm planning on ECU mod at the moment:
    How could you lose the Cruise control and VSA? and how does that compared to buying a Acura TSX ECU to be Hondata flash'd in the states and plug it into the Euro (and have immobiliser re-done by the dealer)?
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC5R
    Well cruise control is a nice to have thing.... For me anyway.... VSA, not so sure yet as it has never kicked in for me before...

As for a reflash, depends what mods u have and whether u want the flexibility of changing parts and retuning... Reflash is a bit harder, but with the kpro, can just retune straight up...

Current power figure at the hubs is 192hp with stock ecu...

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    The big question on my mind is price how does it compare to the loom from ktuned

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC5R
    Price is slightly cheaper than k tuned... Pm me if you would like more details...

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    Did you replace the stock engine light or mount it elsewhere or just left it?

I understand the benifits of KPRO besides losing VSA and cruise control can deal without them.

If i choose not to have it will i be able to just plug in the old ecu and remove the plug and plug it back in.

I'm more looking at the return back to stock option later down the track. Just wondering if its just worth getting a reflash dont think ill be doing much mods then I/H/E.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC5R
    Joel designed the harness to be completely reversible....Yes... Revert back to stock requires to remove harness and whatever mods to remove the check light....

Check light has not been corrected yet,,, will do a write up on that afterwards....

Member Array
    Car:
    FN2 Civic Type R
    Quote Originally Posted by wuism View Post
    Well cruise control is a nice to have thing.... For me anyway.... VSA, not so sure yet as it has never kicked in for me before...

As for a reflash, depends what mods u have and whether u want the flexibility of changing parts and retuning... Reflash is a bit harder, but with the kpro, can just retune straight up...

Current power figure at the hubs is 192hp with stock ecu...
    Wow nice numbers dude

WOW... 192HP!... that's power man...

Member Array
    Car:
    00' PY DC2R
    makes mre than dc5r w toda header + gruppe m + j's exos, daymnn thats POWER!
    I my Honda

EJ8 - DC2 - EM1 - DC2R - CP9A - CT9A - CL9

with this thing, if you got into a accident will insurance company deny payout as you mess with/remove the VSA and all?