Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by antony View Post
    The base Euro auto is priced very similar to the Jetta comfortline auto.

Jetta offers a few things extra,such as reverse sensors as standard,tyre preassure sensor,stay on lights after car has been tuerned off,auto dimming mirror,and illuminated footwells.More toys,for sure.

BUT the Euro is still more substantial,offering chrome door handles,exhausts,and trim around the windows.
    Tilting door mirror when reversing,alarm,17 inch alloys as apposed to 16 inch alloys,6 stack cd,10 speakers,lights in doors as apposed to reflectors,and paddle shifters.

Which one is better ???

On paper,Honda wins again.

I am going to check out the Jettas,and will report back again next week.
    check out the boot space on the Jetta and the rear entry space. :-)

Regarding the sound system, I found the CU2's sound system rather disappointing.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

I bought the Euro because of chrome door handles too >.>

Member Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO
    [QUOTE=Fredoops;3075672]check out the boot space on the Jetta and the rear entry space. :-)

Yes,there are more advantages/disadvantages if the Jetta vs Euro.

No doubt,the Jetta is a very well designed car,as its boot is,and has always been massive.
    And rear legroom is impressive.
    7 speed auto vs 5 speed,although Euro is just as smooth,and is quiter,with more power,but also heavier on petrol.

Styling is subjective,Jetta looking VERY much like an Audi A4,but Euro more stylish,with its flared wheel arches ,mild body kit,and huge wrap around headlights and tail lights .

Euro is far better built in Japan,with BEST in class reliability,on par with Camry and Mazda 6.

Jetta is built in Mexico,and the 118 TSI engine has had many failiures locally,DSG auto transmission failiures,steering rack issues ,and aircon issues on some cars,not forgetting VWs famous squeeks and rattles,and then arrogant dealerships you have to deal with.

The mid sized battle is about to get even tougher out there...

This generations Jetta is moving away from the Golf with Boot image, yes?

Member Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO
    Apparently VW want to market the Jetta as a model on its own right,instead of a nicely equiped Golf sedan.

1 MORE THING,vw are very aggressive,with the Golf/Jetta wagon,which is very bland,and 3 engine choices.

Honda should also have 3 engines in the Euro locally,being the 2.4,diesel DEFINATLY,and the V6 or even 2.0...

The wagon is so good looking,far more so than Passat,6,etc.

But I think they are sleeping,and happy to see their sales chug along...

Member Array
    I won't be looking forward to a Euro/TSX V6. Go read up on TSX V6 review. If I recall this model has a 62% front weight bias. Very nose heavy.

This to me sounds like an after-thought solution to provide more power to appeal to the American buyers.

They should've turbo'ed the I4.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    08 Euro Lux
    Check out the latest Wheels mag, in the head to head review
    CU2 versus Mondeo

CU2 wins and they still rate it the best in class
    Not sure if their opinion really rates but it was 2008 COTY
    The overall comments are IMO on the mark

Quote Originally Posted by natnat View Post
    true that VWs tend to have problems, especially for owners who don't know much about cars (ie: never check engine oil level, no using the correct fuel, etc...). bear in mind, VW makes a lot more cars than Honda worldwide
    that lame excuse... I never bother to check engine oil level unless going for long distance as I know the car is reliable. I might have to check if the car is not reliable. for the correct fuel, people pumping vpower seems to have issues as well, so now its limited to certain brand as well?

This is like car lovers slaving for the car, kinda like alfa or peugot owners claiming that their car have soul when it breaks down and stranded them in the middle of no where.

I am no VW hater, I kinda like the direction they are going, force induction, good FC when driven slowly, etc, pretty tempted to get one to replace the euro but the stories as well as the service issuse and stories of vw denying warranty on stock car claiming the owner mod it makes me think twice. I am all for manual as well, so no worries of DSG issues for me as well. I will most probably end up sticking to my euro for a while.

------------------------------------------

Anyone check if the new euros fresh from japan got any trace of cessium 137 or other radioactive stuffs? I read some news that recondition are parts cars from Jap are found to be radioactive.

Quote Originally Posted by boleh View Post
    I won't be looking forward to a Euro/TSX V6. Go read up on TSX V6 review. If I recall this model has a 62% front weight bias. Very nose heavy.

This to me sounds like an after-thought solution to provide more power to appeal to the American buyers.

They should've turbo'ed the I4.
    I agree with this.
    CU2 is already overweight, a V6 would make it even porkier. Supercharge the K24.

Member Array
    Car:
    GTI /Tiguan/CU2
    Quote Originally Posted by tron07 View Post
    that lame excuse... I never bother to check engine oil level unless going for long distance as I know the car is reliable. I might have to check if the car is not reliable. for the correct fuel, people pumping vpower seems to have issues as well, so now its limited to certain brand as well?

This is like car lovers slaving for the car, kinda like alfa or peugot owners claiming that their car have soul when it breaks down and stranded them in the middle of no where.

I am no VW hater, I kinda like the direction they are going, force induction, good FC when driven slowly, etc, pretty tempted to get one to replace the euro but the stories as well as the service issuse and stories of vw denying warranty on stock car claiming the owner mod it makes me think twice. I am all for manual as well, so no worries of DSG issues for me as well. I will most probably end up sticking to my euro for a while.

------------------------------------------

Anyone check if the new euros fresh from japan got any trace of cessium 137 or other radioactive stuffs? I read some news that recondition are parts cars from Jap are found to be radioactive.
    performance cars just need a bit more attention..

my GTI only chews oil on track when driven at oil temp of 135 degrees for 15 mnts (and yes it has stock OIL temp display) , on normal daily drive it does not chews any oil.

a Mazda RX8 chews oil all the time.

i think some WRXs do chew oil too.

it's the little price to pay for high performance.. but could be just those cars above..

dunno about heavily tuned STI's / EVO's that do 250-400kw at the wheel. you can just ask them if they need to check their engine frequently..

a stock bone K24A does not need any attention, open the bonnet every 6 months is just fine.

the mk6 golf 118tsi pumps the same amount of torque, 230nm, as the K24A in the CU2.
    Last edited by natnat; 31-08-2011 at 10:46 AM.

true that VWs tend to have problems, especially for owners who don't know much about cars (ie: never check engine oil level, no using the correct fuel, etc...). bear in mind, VW makes a lot more cars than Honda worldwide
    performance cars just need a bit more attention..
    A Passat is not a performance car. So why would a passat need more attention than a Euro? That is a major drawback, if you think about the market segment.

On a side note, I have worked at Robert Bosch...who do a lot of work for VAG and some work for Honda. The engineers hated doing work for the Japanese (Honda in particular) because of how anal/tight they are and the questions/amount of info they ask for, complete opposite for locals (GMH, FoMoCo) though

You make it out like Honda do not invest in R&D and put a car together with 'simple' engineering (this is hilarious). Also you are comparing the R&D of the VAG group to Honda.
    Just off the top of my head..
    - FCX Clarity
    - F1
    - Hybrid tech?
    Of course all of the above involves no R&D and is simple engineering. I might enter a car into 2012 F1 Season next year..

Also could you please clarify the VAG-COM system, I wasnt involved in software side at Bosch. But if I am not mistaken VAG-COM is just a third party software (Windows based - yuck) used for diag work. All cars have a CAN-BUS system or similar. I'd be interested in finding out if VAGCOM is anything but a diagnostic tool (give me some reading to do haha)

the mk6 golf 118tsi pumps the same amount of torque, 230nm, as the K24A in the CU2.
    A bit unfair comparing the volumetric efficiency of a FI car to NA car isnt it?
    Last edited by DanGamage; 31-08-2011 at 11:29 AM.

Nsx..