Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Has anyone seen the latest Wheels magazine (April 05). They have a long term Euro which does mostly short trips - their fuel consumption for the last month was 14.1/100kms.

How on earth can you get 14.1? Even if I had a heavy right foot and bumper to bumper traffic every day I can't get close to that.
    Last edited by yfin; 25-04-2005 at 09:14 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2,3MPS,VESPA
    Quote Originally Posted by yfin
    Has anyone seen the latest Wheels magazine (April 05). They have a long term Euro which does mostly short trips - their fuel consumption for the last month was 14.1/100kms.

How on earth can you get 14.1? Even if I had a heavy right foot and bumper to bumper traffic every day I can't get close to that.
    must have dropped a 6ltr v12 in their test car

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro MY05 - Milano Red
    6ltr V12 like a Maserati gets about 1.8Km/L

Well - i find that the Aircon makes fuel consumption particularly bad. I expected a modern car like the Euro to perform a bit better. It really drains power to the wheels in hot weather.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    THe guy probably had a lead foot that month. Being stuck in traffic jams, maybe he idled a little too long! I have that Wheels issue. I don't remember them explaining why consumption was so high. I'll have to read it again.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda CRV 2011
    The Wheel mag long term Euro they are testing is auto as well which wouldnt help matters on top of the short trips and most likely heavy footed driver with aircon on...who doesnt thrash a renter car when given a chance...

(plus they havent stated what type of fuel they are using i.e 95 ron caltex or 98 etc)

Member Array
    Car:
    MY05 Subaru WRX
    No matter how hard I drive, I haven't seen my fuel consumption go over 11L/100km yet.

I still love HONDA! Array
    Car:
    Black8
    maybe their test car is running rich like mine.
    euro77 by Jimmy (toE)

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    I am adding this link to this thread:

http://www.acura-tsx.com/forums/show...034#post441034

Simply an amazing post. I personally wouldn't make a habbit of running the fuel tank dry but thumbs up to this guy.

yeah i gone 102kms with fuel light on..honda i think fixed this in the CRV ( about same distance with light on for 02 model) now it goes less. but yeah...top write up..
    TEAM YUM CHA DAILY

Quote Originally Posted by Krogoth
    so damn coooool, lol, u mite just 5h1t urself

Gee the consumption levels aren't too bad for the new Accords, I thought it would of been abit higher.

Member Array
    Car:
    05 Euro M Red 6
    Ive only had 2 tanks so far. Im getting 9.5l during run in (first 1000km) which is almost exactly 50% city 50% highway. Id expect to be getting 9 or less after another 5000-10000kms. I drive fairly enthusiastically!