Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2532333435
    Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by YouRow View Post
    Either way, I'm tempted to plan a run of my own (not quite round Australia) perhaps Brisbane to Sydney or something.
    I'll be doing a Sydney to Melb run next week. This time, I won't fang the car and just cruise at 110km/h all the way. Will update with my consumption numbers.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Some more NZ testing of the Euro here:

http://www.aa.co.nz/Section?Action=View&Section_id=612

I really like this excel spreadsheet as it compares the car to others in that "rally". The test is broken up into legs and the totall distance is about 1600km.

http://www.aa.co.nz/ewr/EWRResults2004.xls

Member Array
    Car:
    MY06 Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    It is that good.

But, you ran your engine in on the highway!?
    Yeah I did partly. I varied the load and the speed and the revs. In the country there is no-one around to annoy. The first 60kms was city driving at lower speeds the day before (I took it back to the dealership to get the rear spoiler put on as it wasnt ready the Friday afternoon I picked the car up).

The rest of the first 1000kms were probably 90% city driving. I don't believe in the running in process being some sort of science. Fair enough you alternate the speed, gears, throttle use and generally encourage the engine to rev up and down reasonably. But for me the main thing is to not thrash the car and be gentle on the brakes etc while theyre wearing in.

At the end of the day I can't see what the difference is providing you dont thrash the car.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY06 Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    I'll be doing a Sydney to Melb run next week. This time, I won't fang the car and just cruise at 110km/h all the way. Will update with my consumption numbers.
    Awesome, look forward to seeing how you go.

Good luck

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    As long as you varied the revs when on the highway, then all is good.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro manual

Outstanding

You Row, it seems you are applying all the right techniques for getting accurate fuel consumption. I base my average consumption figures on at least 4 fill ups as pumps definitely vary. I keep a record of every fill up my 32,000km Euro has had and the average, last check, was 7.9L/100km. Most of my driving is on country roads. I drove 150 + km from home to Berowra recently and got 7.53. For over an hour I changed gear only once and cruised at GPS indicated 116kmh.
    There are some people who are just adept at getting good consumption figures, you seem to be one of that lucky bred, my wife is another. She gets just under 6L/100km in her 14 year old 405SRDT Peugeot 1.9L diesel with 282,000kms on the clock, remember hers is a mechanical injector system.
    Last edited by Adagio; 14-03-2007 at 07:21 AM. Reason: clarity