Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Euro Luxury 5AT05
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng
    The first fuelup is always high, because the dealer doesn't fill it to the top for you. My first refill was 15L/100km.
    My measurement was from resetting the trip counter on filling it to the top myself. I just confirmed with my manual page 87 that it comes on when remaining fuels is LT 10.0 l [or 2.64 US gal, 2.20 Imp gal]. So I actually managed 1.4L/10km for my spirited stop go driving...

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Entity
    just did my first tank of fuel, till the light came on

estimated about 13L/100km very light footed, mostly highway too...

im hoping this will go down to closer to 10L/100km but we will see how we go over the next couple of months.
    You driving the auto or manual? I get below 10L/100km ever since I filled up my own full tank from brand new. I drive the manual, and I find less than 1/2 throttle is enough for everyday. Each week I sprint up to 1st gear redline about 2-3 times and everyday I do a full throttle run up to the speed limit (80km/h) in 2nd gear without hitting redline in 1st.

Remember to check your tyre pressures (32-34psi) and use 98 octane for added distance (Euro's engine will advance the timing on 98 octane so you get added range)
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    MY05 Subaru WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Aratahu
    coladuna, you driving an auto or manual? I've not made ANY effort whatsoevery to conserve fuel, so if I tried I'm thinking I should be able to do a lot better. Well, I'll record it from next time I fill her up completely and see how it goes. Should also be able to go for a longer drive next weekend so that might be good for it.
    I'm driving manual, but I even went to Mt Tambourine and absolutely flogged it through the mountain climb and twisties and it still didn't go over 10L/100km.
    Probably did around 400km with that tank and out of that, 200km would've been drive through the mountain while the rest is highway.

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro Luxury 5AT05
    Coladuna - the Euro's got a 65 liter tank. 10L/100km should last you 650Ks, or 550Ks if you want to count it to the reserve light instead.

Or are you saying that you put 40 litres into it to get it to full after you had done 400Kms from your last fill to top? If so, what you're saying adds up then.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY05 Subaru WRX
    Coladuna - the Euro's got a 65 liter tank. 10L/100km should last you 650Ks, or 550Ks if you want to count it to the reserve light instead.

Or are you saying that you put 40 litres into it to get it to full after you had done 400Kms from your last fill to top? If so, what you're saying adds up then.
    Yea, I'm saying that I put in like $40 bux worth of petrol and I did calculation to come to a fuel consumption of less than 10L/100km.
    The most I went with a single tank of petrol was around 650km when the fuel warning light came on. did another 20km or so and filled her up. My prediction is that you can have a range of up to 750km if you drive conservatively and around 600-650km in normal conditions.

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro Luxury 5AT05
    Cool, thanks for clarifying that! Your economy sounds great.

I think it must be the frequent short trips, stop & go traffic combined with wanting to try the engine that did it in for me. I'm sure FE will improve remarkably when going on a _real_ drive.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Cool, thanks for clarifying that! Your economy sounds great.

I think it must be the frequent short trips, stop & go traffic combined with wanting to try the engine that did it in for me. I'm sure FE will improve remarkably when going on a _real_ drive.
    Auto vs Coladuna's manual will make a difference too.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY05 Subaru WRX
    That must be it. Each of my trips are usually at least 15km so the engine has a plenty of time to warm up.
    I'm actually very surprised that the difference in fuel consumption isn't a lot even when I drive really conservatively as opposed to driving really hard.
    If I drive really hard, I usually get around 9-9.5L/100km and if I drive really conservatively, I get around 7.5-8L/100km.

i drive auto.
    450 to the light

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro MY05 - Milano Red
    When i drive HARD the car just chews fuel. Can use an eigth of a tank in half an hour.

Member Array
    Car:
    Proud Euro Owner!
    Any numbers for highway travel? Anyone done a full tank from EG Syd to QLD?

Just picked up my car, no idea what fuel the dealer put in... but so far manage 170km with more then 3/4 tank left...

I LOVE MY NEW CAR

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    I've done a sydney-canberra-sydney on 1 tank before. Calculated and I got 7.2L/100km
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2