Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Euro Luxury 5AT05
    Quote Originally Posted by ant234
    Any numbers for highway travel? Anyone done a full tank from EG Syd to QLD?

Just picked up my car, no idea what fuel the dealer put in... but so far manage 170km with more then 3/4 tank left...

I LOVE MY NEW CAR
    Sounds good, grats on the purchase! Time to update your profile and upload some pics? I just added an interior pic to my own collection..

I'm getting crappy figures with just normal city driving.
    Around 13Km/l (around 190km's on 25 litres of petrol).
    This is on BP Ultimate fuel. I'm hoping this is just becuase the engine is still new, around 2.5K kilometres.

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    Quote Originally Posted by hardboiled
    I'm getting crappy figures with just normal city driving.
    Around 13Km/l (around 190km's on 25 litres of petrol).
    This is on BP Ultimate fuel. I'm hoping this is just becuase the engine is still new, around 2.5K kilometres.

New engines will burn more fuel, it's normal during the breaking in of the car... I won't worry about it too much...
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro Luxury 5AT05
    EA13, cool thought so... it all adds up. Any chance it is running richer than normal too? When I got my GSXR600 04 last December the fuel consumption was really not good at all for the first 1000Ks, but it improved a lot after first service and on subsequent use (especially after a Phillip Island school day).

Member Array
    Car:
    '05 Euro Lux, 6SPD SS
    My 1st full tank (top up from factory's 1/4 tank of whatever's in there with optimax). Got 490km out of 58L.

Still breaking in the engine with varying throttle accelerations to varying RPM's and engine braking....

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    Quote Originally Posted by Aratahu
    Any chance it is running richer than normal too?
    Yes, nowadays, modern cars run rich from factory, you'll be shocked how rich the Euro runs from Factory, when I installed the VAFCii, I had it cut heaps and it was still running rich, I had a look at euro77's VAFCii settings too (Tuned at the same place), his fuel was cut a fair bit too....
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro Luxury 5AT05
    EA13: Interesting, thanks! In the 600 shootout of 2004 in AMCN [I think], my bike lost out to the competition because it "running rich from factory" deprived it of some top end power. On my first service, my bike mechanic said he'd set it up to go leaner. I think it did some good for performance and overall responsiveness.

Could someone more technical than me explain why they're running rich at the beginning? Is it to preserve the engine when being broken in? Difference in clima from Japan?? I assume it will be tuned to go leaner on first service.. (?)

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    I looked at this a while ago when Euro77 was getting his engine tuned. Became interested in the idea - for a few minutes anyway.

Excess fuel provides cooling as it evaporates to protect the engine.

There is a good discussion on this forum - for science geeks.

http://www.scienceforums.com/showthr...6478#post46478

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro Luxury 5AT05
    thanks yfin, I enjoyed reading that [I'm NOT a science geek, but..]

Member Array
    Car:
    Proud Euro Owner!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aratahu
    Sounds good, grats on the purchase! Time to update your profile and upload some pics? I just added an interior pic to my own collection..
    Thanx Aratahu! Profile updated with pics ;P just a shot with my camera phone and paintbrush touchups... don't have anything else to use at work! Will fix it up when I have the chance!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord EURO 2004
    Model: 2004 Euro 6sp
    Mods that could impact consumption: Keep tires pumped up; I used 37PSI Front and 35 PSI Rear
    Kms: 23K
    Predominantly city driving with good dose of freeway
    Average Consumption over life of car: 9.31L/100Km; Best 7.43L/100Km; Worst 11.46L/100Kms
    No noticeable difference with seasons (even with lots of air con in summer) .
    Fuel economy extremely consistent

Member Array
    Car:
    EJ8-CRV-Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by fortec@sprint.net.au
    Keep tires pumped up; I used 37PSI Front and 35 PSI Rear
    Is this what it should be?

Didn't realise that there would still be around 10L left after the fuel light come on...