Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Amp installation DC2R

Im looking at putting a 4 channel amp under either the passenger Recaro, or drivers side. Probably leaning towards more the passenger side as it doesn't have the metal bit sticking out that the seat belt sensor connects too, therefore giving me .5" more clearance.

Anyone got any pictures of a similar install? And how well does it fit once someone is in the seat sliding back and forth etc. Anyone also had any overheating issues? Amp type recommendations (do they make slimline ones?.) I will just be running splits and a nothing too spectacular sub off it.

Thanks
    EG

thanks for the advice...
    EG

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DA9
    stick to the boot, putting shit under the seat makes it look shit. unless you rip apart the carpet and spend a few hours running wires lol

Quote Originally Posted by slimx View Post
    stick to the boot, putting shit under the seat makes it look shit. unless you rip apart the carpet and spend a few hours running wires lol
    no way! wires under the seat are better than seeing wires and shit as soon as u pop the boot. and plus the amp moves a lot more in the boot. i also need the boot space for golf clubs lmao
    EG

Member Array
    Car:
    INTEGRA TYPE R
    i am running an amp under my drivers seat.... unplugged the seatbelt sensor ... head do-er anyway..

never overheated on me and the seat slides freely with no problems.

only problem is someone stepped on my inputs.. now its a bit loose can take a picture of that if you would like.??
    looks way cleaner then an amp in the boot, cant even see the thing ..
    THERES NO CAR LIKE A TYPE R

Quote Originally Posted by DCZ 18C View Post
    i am running an amp under my drivers seat.... unplugged the seatbelt sensor ... head do-er anyway..

never overheated on me and the seat slides freely with no problems.

only problem is someone stepped on my inputs.. now its a bit loose can take a picture of that if you would like.??
    looks way cleaner then an amp in the boot, cant even see the thing ..
    yea man pics would be sweet .did you cut the metal bracket thing off from under the seat that the seat belt sensor clips onto to allow more clereance for your amp?
    EG

Member Array
    Car:
    INTEGRA TYPE R
    nahh its still there jus had to unplug the seatbelt sensor.. or it wouldnt fit under..
    the clearence is only a cm or so..but fits perfectly
    with the wires i fed them under the carpet so it nice and neat also..
    ill get he pictures so you can see for yourself, much easier then me trying to explain
    ill upload ttomorrow so have better light for the photos

Member Array
    Car:
    '01 WRX
    JL makes small amps which belt out enough power for decent speakers
    OVERRATED TO BE UNDERRATED

LOLNOPE!

nahh its still there jus had to unplug the seatbelt sensor.. or it wouldnt fit under..
    ill get he pictures so you can see for yourself, much easier then me trying to explain
    Cool thanks, what amp you running?
    EG

Quote Originally Posted by 1996_EK_Civic View Post
    JL makes small amps which belt out enough power for decent speakers
    Thanks ,iill check them out!
    EG

Also where abouts did you run your ground wire? pics of that would be sweet aswell
    EG

Member Array
    Car:
    INTEGRA TYPE R

heres a quick pic of how i have it sitting, i slid the seat all the was forward to get the light to take a good enough photo..

its just a 2 channel pioneer amp, but im pretty sure ve seen 4 channel amps that are this size or smaller now days.