Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    dc5

innovative engine mounts

I'm thinking of getting a set of innovative engine mounts (60a) for my dc5r. Read some reviews and they seem to be pretty good.

However some that i read say that the vibration is barely noticeable while others say the vibration of the dash is annoying.

Anyone have any experience with them? and is it bareable for daily driving?

Ozhonda Subscriber Array
    Car:
    DC5R with a JDM K20A
    You will notice it, so if you're the type to be annoyed by small things, it will bug you.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8, EF2
    Yep the vibration is noticeable compared to OEM mounts, but tolerable for daily use I think, and it all depends on your level of tolerance. I daily drove my 85A mounts for ages but it wasn't ideal, my CD player would skip as I let the clutch out pulling away from a stop for example. Find someone that has the mounts and go for a drive in their car, put the A/C on, see what you think. Things like this are personal preference and hard to answer on a forum.

op

ALL aftermarket mounts will rattle your dash at idle - the severity goes up as the rubber/poly density goes up.

If you dont want this - just get new OEM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    dc5
    thanks for the input.

will prob give them a go.

how would it compare to a DC2R? I mean with the rawness of the car would make the vibrations even more noticeable going for 60A?
    EG

Member Array
    Car:
    EG & DC5R
    Give JDMyard a call and ask them what they think about Innovative mounts. I was also interested in them until I spoke to them, basically, they stopped dealing with them due to someone having problems with theirs and innovative being complete ****heads about warranty. Took a few months if I recall properly, just to get a part warrantied.

If you're concerned about vibrations, Mugen make engine mounts that typically feel like the in-between of OEM and 60a mounts.

Member Array
    Car:
    TYPE-S
    Regarding the "warranty" issues with innovatie: I believe that the innovatives have issues in high powered engines due to their inserts being larger then Hasport for example and suffering correspondingly larger plastic deformation (egging) around the bolt void, heres a reply from Hasport on CRSX regarding the issue:

Along with the the fact that Hasport mounts are slightly stiffer, 62A as opposed to 60A, here's another difference. The innovative bushing is larger in diameter. That allows more flex by design. The smaller diameter of the Hasport bushing means less urethane to flex. As the urethane compresses, the spring rate rises, essentially rising to thousands of pounds in a very short distance. In Hasport's smaller diameter bushing, it happens even quicker.

The thread is here:

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread...hasport&page=2

I am using innovative 60A's on a bolton engine for 2 years and they are fine, if they did stuff up though it would be cheaper then to send mounts to innovative and get extra bushing pressed in. Another option is Hardrace mounts which seem to be getting good reviews from the states.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG & DC5R
    Just ordered a set of Hardrace motor mounts, they are suppose to offer the in between of OEM and 60A mounts. I'll let ya know how they feel once I get them installed.
    They have pretty good reviews and are way more affordable than innovative and mugen

Member Array
    Car:
    NHB DC2R + EURO
    Hit me up if you need a new set of mounts mate

Will engine torque dampers help to absorb some of the vibration? Or are they just a huge gimmick?
    Wanted to Buy: Any aftermarket parts for DC5 Integra. PM me.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    I got Hasport 62A, vibrations on idle, but crusing speed the car feels very smooth.
    無限 The Form is in the Function 無限
    teamGROUNDzero