Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Euro Lux Nav

Noise from gear box

I have been getting a noise in first gear when the engine is cold. I heard it first a few weeks ago in the mornings when I have been driving to work. It sound to me like a belt slipping! My wife says it sounds like a soft air horn!!

It only happens when the engine is cold, you can fell a small vibration thought the car and when the car moves in to 2nd gear it goes away.
    My car was in for its 10k service 2 weeks ago and I told the dealer but they said they could not hear the the noise on the test drive.

The noise does not happen all the time and I have been making notes on when it happens so I can take it back to my dealer so they can hear it.

Any you guys would know what it could be????

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    Could be synchro, could be the gear itself.

What I'd do is take it to the dealer, leave it overnight, and then tell them to test it first thing in the morning, when its cold.

Sent from my custard cannon like Peter North.
    to see all of my build, checkout

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Every 3rd person who comes on this forum had issues with their gearbox of some sort.

Makes me question the quality of the box or the recommended service schedule.....
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro Lux Nav
    I was going to do that but would like to be there when they take it for a test drive!!!!

Will waiting for my dealer to get a set of mud flaps from Japan then I will leave it there over night and go in early to test drive it with them.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    Happened to me to it was my clutch release bearing

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    Nah, coz then itd happen in every gear, not just first, coz that was my first thought also.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    Not necessarily never happened in any other gear for me and when I pulled my clutch out it was the bearing without a doubt all clogged up and when I moved the bearing you could hear it

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro Lux Nav
    But this is a new car!! would you think it would be a clutch release bearing in a car this young???

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    yeah, its definately possible.

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro Lux Nav
    Quote Originally Posted by trism View Post
    yeah, its definately possible.
    if so I think I might be in for a fight with my dealer. I think the first thing is to make sure they hear the noise!!!!

Gearbox noice

My Euro has this issue as well. The noice from the gearbox is like bee. I took my car to R.D Honda before. They said it is fine. Anyone knows how to solve this problem?

gearbox have noice at 1st gear (below 40kmh). noice go away above 40kmh