Newcomer Array
    Car:
    04 Accord Euro

DIY replace fender

Hi guys,

I've got an 04 Euro base model. Got into a bit of an accident over the weekend and damamged the left front fender.

Got a quote from wreckers to get a new fender, same colour for $250. Is this an easy DIY job? Anyone changed one in the past?

Thanks in advanced.

Edit:

Here's a pic of the damage taken with my phone

Last edited by JTR; 30-08-2011 at 04:22 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    Depends if you have damaged the inside if its just a dint it would be cheaper to get it done at the panel beaters i would think

Member Array
    Car:
    07' CL9 Lux 5AT
    Quote Originally Posted by marquee View Post
    Depends if you have damaged the inside if its just a dint it would be cheaper to get it done at the panel beaters i would think
    The fender itself appears to be held on by only 6 or 7 bolts according to the service manual. You would also have to remove the plastic inner wheel well (few clips and bolts), the plastic fender trim in the engine bay (more clips), and possibly the "inner fender fairing" which you can see when you open the door. To me, it looks like a perfectly doable DIY - if you decide to go ahead with it, let me know and I'll see if I can copy and paste the instructions from the service manual.

Member Array
    Car:
    b18c2+T Ej8
    Open The bonnet and you will see 3 Bolts , open the door and look between door and fender, you should see another 2 bolts one up and one is down. Also you have 1 bolt under the Side skirt. also A bolt that hold the bumper to the fender
    You also should take the screws that hold the wheel mudflap.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    04 Accord Euro
    Thanks for the replies guys. I'll see if I can find my service manual and have a read about it.

The guy at the wreckers said it should be pretty straight fwd and I'll save a bit of $$$ DIY.

that would buff off.... polish em