Threaded View

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    05 Accord Euro

Angry possibly being charged for tailgating/ following too close.

so the story is that i had a car accident a few weeks back which resulted in my car hitting the car in front which hit the car in front of that. nothing big just a slow speed rear end that resulted in my car sustaining damage but the other 2 cars you would swear had never been in an accident.

anyway the driver of the car in front was on her way to hospital for wateva reason and figured she should get her neck checked out incase of whiplash or some neck injuries. And to have these medical bills covered by TAC she needs to file a report with the police but the police are now wanting to charge me with following too closely.... but please read on before jumping to conclusions.

now the details of why the accident happened is that i was about to change lanes so did the usual headcheck and when i looked back the traffic had started to stop suddenly and of course that 2 second gap was now significantly less after checking for other cars which resulted in me being unable to stop in time and hitting the front car.

the police were never called to the accident as it was nothing major so I am wondering if they can have this charge stick without having been at the scene.

I am not a P plater anymore and have never had a ticket in my life and always leave a safe gap but will they care about this information? they just see that i rear ended a car and assume i was tailgating??

oh and when i spoke to the police on the phone before, the story they seemed to have understood is that the driver needed to go to hospital after the accident and not she was already on her way there...
    Last edited by fmx990; 30-08-2011 at 03:14 PM.