Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2R

Mugen Twinloop exhaust leak

hey i got a dc2r and just got my new Mugen Twinloop and just want some suggestions on the question i ask.. I got a full exhaust system from headers to axleback and there is an exhaust leak somewhere from the cat to the headers.. took it to liverpool exhaust and changed the gasket but still the same leak noise. It doesnt sound right when i drive at all, could it be having a blown out cat or somethings wrong with the headers.. give us your thoughts.. cheers

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    So did they fix the leak? What does it sound like now? Farting/spluttering?

Gasket might have crapped itself again, or you could have a leak elsewhere. Get underneath and listen for it.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    its crazy man,cars spluttering.. i bought a new gasket from JDMyard and they put it in and still got the same results. i had a listen to it just then and its coming between the cat and headers

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    o2 sensor tighten down good ?
    snapping 2nd..

Member Array
    Car:
    EURO LUX
    pics of set up has it been modified or still oem?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    o2 sensor is all good, the exhausted was recut only at the axle back because i had a straight pipe at the end and rewelded the twinloop back on,ive got mugen headers mugen b-pipe and twinloop but unsure of the cat though could be jdm but doesnt look like high flow. looks abit old, ill post up pics when its daylight

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Sure it's not coming between cat and cat-back? Checked for any holes? Although of course the shop should have done that. They should be able to find the leak anyway, rather than just replace the gasket like you asked.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    maybe jack the car up and visible inspect the exhaust system ? might be from your gasket where the headers connect to the block ?

If you can hear that theres a leak, but you cant pinpoint it, use some soapy water solution and spray it on the exhaust system to see if any bubbles come.
    snapping 2nd..

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Cheers for the advice guys.. I've jacked it up and checked everything and there's no holes about.. Ive checked it from cat to catback, is in working order. I've done the soapy water trick and same results, but I've revved it and it's making a tinging noise just after the cat towards the headers now,and also I've lost some power
    Last edited by AYSHUNBOY; 01-09-2011 at 03:23 PM.