Member Array
    Car:
    Dap Ek

Want to know KYB EXCEL-G comparison to OEM EK shocks.

Hey guys i was wondering if KYB Excel G shocks were more stiffer then OEM. I read through other forum and have seen that kingspring + kyb is a great combo.

I am aware kings springs are shit SOFT which is why i dont own one... so if they are a good combo i am assuming its dampening is alot stiffer to oem? i currently have KYB excel G laying around and i feel my from oem shocks are to wobbly compared to my damper adjustable rear shocks... which is why i am thinking to change it.

Let me know guys!!

Member Array
    Car:
    Corolla AE92
    I run them in my car with stiff (custom) springs, they're a shorter stroke shock so will essentially take anything you throw at it

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG Si Hatchi
    they are great bang for buck for daily driving, i have excel-g shocks with king spring lows. quite firm but nothing to make you go crazy
    [h=Massive EG6/DC2 Part Out (majority brand new)
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...y-brand-new%29]2[/h]

Member Array
    Car:
    Dap Ek
    Thanks guys! will be changing them over when im bothered! lol

Member Array
    Car:
    MK6 Golf GTI
    on my old dc4 i had a 3.5 inch drop at the front and a 2.5 inch drop at the rear.
    i ran kyb excel g with some super stuff unknown branded springs at the front and ground control coilover sleeves in the rear with some pretty stiff springs.
    because they are dual tubed they can handle being at standard height and lowered height.
    i took them out to the track, hill runs nearly every weekend and they wanted more with no leaks.
    for an oem replacement they are great!
    Welcome Abourd

Member Array
    Car:
    Dap Ek
    Thanks guys! but i might be looking for short shocks because i believe my rear to front height is dead even i want the front the nose down abit...
    or in the long run i can work and get coilovers

Member Array
    Car:
    MK6 Golf GTI
    lets say you buy a shock and spring combo right. about $800-1k there...depending what your buying.
    go to ebay america and you can pick yourself up a set of tein street basics F8kg R 4kg i think. or various other brands for about $1000-1200 to your door.
    i bought megan coilovers F12kg R6kg 32 dampering adjustments for my bb6 prelude for $1100 australian dollars to my door and it took all of 2 days to get here.
    Welcome Abourd

Member Array
    Car:
    Dap Ek
    Quote Originally Posted by integragsi96 View Post
    lets say you buy a shock and spring combo right. about $800-1k there...depending what your buying.
    go to ebay america and you can pick yourself up a set of tein street basics F8kg R 4kg i think. or various other brands for about $1000-1200 to your door.
    i bought megan coilovers F12kg R6kg 32 dampering adjustments for my bb6 prelude for $1100 australian dollars to my door and it took all of 2 days to get here.
    luckly i didnt spend too much on my spring and shock setup... but for sure i will get coils next!

Member Array
    Car:
    MK6 Golf GTI
    dont get me wrong. a good shock and springs combo works brilliant. example. koni yellows with eibach or tein lowering springs work well together.
    but yehh pics went all installed?
    Welcome Abourd

Member Array
    Car:
    Dap Ek
    Quote Originally Posted by integragsi96 View Post
    dont get me wrong. a good shock and springs combo works brilliant. example. koni yellows with eibach or tein lowering springs work well together.
    but yehh pics went all installed?
    I am aware of that.

current pic of my height.

height i want!