Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    JDM S15

Installed BC Racing ER Coilovers.

Hi All,

Just thought i'd let people know about my experience with getting new Coilovers. I've bought the BC Racing ER Coilovers. They Are fantastic! the handling has improven soo much! it's at 15F and 15R. In the middle of soft and hard. Can't wait to try full stiff and see how it goes. the ride is smoother than OEM! it feels soo smooth but tough when you need it to be. Fantastic!

Now i've got 2 spare sets of suspension for the s2000.

OEM Original Springs with OEM Original Shocks
    and
    King Springs with OEM Original Shocks.

Also from my Clutch Change i have an OEM Clutch Plate and Pressure Plate with 70-80% left on the plate. I've changed to the Exedy Heavy Duty Sports Tuff.

Have you still got the BC ER's fitted? Anymore thoughts/recommendations of these? I was thinking of bcs or kw

Which KW? V1, V2 or V3/3 CSC?

I would point towards KWs from your choices though Bilstein PSS9s are sexy good
    Last edited by DreadAngel; 05-10-2013 at 02:00 PM.
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Was thinking kw v3's but had bill steins b4 and they were great. So many choices but big difference between 1k BCs ang 2.5k kw v3's

The 1.5k difference is justifiable... The damper, valving and build quality of the KWs are far superior to BCs. The KW's 14 step adjustment will offer a much wider range of adjustment than BCs 30 [Which in reality is more like 10 as you need to click 2-3 times before there is a perceptible difference to the average driver]. Guess its all up to what you're using it for too.

If you're on the road more then definitely go KW...
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

or Ohlins DFV

+1 to Ohlins. amazing coilovers.

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM S15
    i've sold my s2 since this, they were BC BR, sorry for the incorrect info originally lol. the new owner tracks his car with the coils and is doing really well. i know heaps who use BCs and love it drift/drag/circuit/street. for entry level track/street performance they are good enough. if you go serious track, dont even bother with KW and go something better. i dont think KW is worth it when a lil bit more you'll get something heaps better.
    i don't get my reputation points from spam threads.

I think I'm pretty happy with oem (but nothing to compare with) but want a better look.Would like to keep a firm but not harsh ride. I'd hate dropping a 1k on bcs and then regret it and buy kws v3's afterwards

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Quote Originally Posted by ALPS View Post
    if you go serious track, dont even bother with KW and go something better. i dont think KW is worth it when a lil bit more you'll get something heaps better.
    Why dont bother with KW?

for serious track what would you recommend instead and why?

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek4_cxi_type_R
    Quote Originally Posted by EKVTIR-T View Post
    Why dont bother with KW?

for serious track what would you recommend instead and why?
    oem shocks for that oem quality, on super low king springs.
    Last edited by joyride; Today at 07:26 AM. Reason: Ask for permission if you're going to use someone elses pic

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by ALPS View Post
    i've sold my s2 since this, they were BC BR, sorry for the incorrect info originally lol. the new owner tracks his car with the coils and is doing really well. i know heaps who use BCs and love it drift/drag/circuit/street. for entry level track/street performance they are good enough. if you go serious track, dont even bother with KW and go something better. i dont think KW is worth it when a lil bit more you'll get something heaps better.
    Quote Originally Posted by PHO View Post
    oem shocks for that oem quality, on super low king springs.
    Rofl. Definitely KWs over BC, the main thing that will upset people is the stock spring rate that comes with the V3 kits. I think from memory they're around 10/9 or 9/8? Where the Clubsports are 1kg more, ie. 11/10 or 10/9.
    I track with 12/12 so KW's rates aren't too unfamiliar but at the moment I don't have damper adjustment unfortunately (Amuse Bilstein similar body to the PSS9 but thicker damper piston) so the KWs are looking like a nice upgrade option personally for me given the individual bound and rebound adjustment.

The Ohlins DFV are one way adjustment on a set bound and rebound curve.. while I've heard good things about them, I'd prefer to go with something with individual bound and rebound adjustment.

Beyond that you're looking at Moton and really high end dampers which are at least 1-2k more than the KW Clubsports last I checked... and that's just for the bare minimum without springs and top hats.

Ultimately it depends on what you're going to be using the car for?
    If you're going to drive on street mainly but want height adjustment and don't care too much for damper adjustability - go the Bilstein PSS9.
    If you're after the same as above but want damper adjustment go for the KW V3s or Ohlins DFV.
    If you think you'll be taking up track work more seriously possibly look at KW Clubsports or TEIN SRCs.
    All of the above options are serviceable locally. Where BCs I'm not sure which factory in Taiwan/China you would have to harass to get parts or a rebuild... but tbh I haven't looked all that much into them
    If you don't care much at all for long term life (possible rebuild options..??), but just want to lower your car and play around with the coils - try the BCs or BuddyClub entry coilovers...