Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    .... i used to run 17x7's, with admitedly cheap tires, (achilies), and my 15x7 enkei's with the re001's handle sooo much better.

It's probably the un-sprung weight difference. these things, inc tyres, weigh less then the ones on a V8 Super car. (and yes, i know, my boss's brother owns a stonebrother's racing falcon, which i've helped with on the odd occation... )

Member Array
    Car:
    GD3/ED6
    Quote Originally Posted by EG52NV View Post
    $123 per corner from Costco!
    hey, do you gotta get a membership for that price?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2006 Jazz GD3
    you need to become a member to get into the store or something

I decided not to go with Tempe Tyres. Too many bad reviews when I searched on google for them.

However, I found the same tyre in the Kmart junk mail that arrived today. $97 a tyre fitted. Bob Jane, in the same junk mail, are doing them for $107 a tyre fitted BUT have a price match gurantee. If Bob Jane are true to their advertising, I should be able to get them for $96 a corner fitted. Cheaper than Tempe tyres after I have to pay a tyre fitter to fit them - about $12 a tyre.

Bob jane's $107 deal with a price match of $96 sounds like the go.

Member Array
    Car:
    GD3/ED6
    what are some good street tyres i can get for meee jazz? im looking to pay no more than 100$

Member Array
    Car:
    GD3/ED6
    yeah guys nearly ran into a pole last night going around a round-a-bout (was raining in sydney). so i do need to get some new tyres. im thinking some ku31s or like re001s. what you reckon?

KU31s are pretty good all rounders, a tad on the hard compound so it doesn't grip as well in the dry, but definitely bang for buck

Member Array
    Car:
    GD3/ED6
    What about the re001/2s?

never ran them so i have no comment

from what i've heard, RE002 are really really good track tyres, either way they are all safe bets. Just see how far your budget stretches.

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    Ouch just out of curiosity what size rims are you running? We've never seen a pic of your car!

Member Array
    Car:
    GD3/ED6
    HAHA its not ready for viewing! im planning to get a new bonnet this week. i had rock chips from highway driving and planned to just spray it black... like stittch. but lets just say it didnt turn out too well.

going to HK at the end of the year and im contemplating using all the money i have on the car.

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    ahh ok, lets hope the wait pays off, should install the blacked Headlamps on soon, get rid of my scratched out chrome ones.

still what size wheels!?