Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    Why do we call t Aurion anyway? It IS a camry (everywhere else but Oz call it camry). Just because Oz made another camry, so they call the original camry with cooler name Having said that, why do we call it Accord Euro? Its one of the few Honda car built in Japan, so shouldnt we better call it Accord JDM?

Regarding the choice, I prefer Accord JDM to Camry anytime... TRD Camry is just another Magna ralliart to me...

Bye2 Honda... Hello Mazda family

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Accord Euro Luxury 6MT
    Quote Originally Posted by denot View Post
    TRD Camry is just another Magna ralliart to me...
    Every time I see 'TRD', I think it's missing the 'U'... Worst. Acronym. Ever.

- HZ

It's called Aurion because of Toyota marketing. They try to make the cars different to get rid of the Camry image.

And differentiate the 4cyl from the V6 range...
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

It's called Accord Euro because it was designed according to European tastes; they prefer sleeker lines, appreciate good handling and a willing engine. Meanwhile the otter Accord is designed for the US market, which means V6 power, tons of interior space, highly comfortable and insulated from the outside world.

A turd by any other name will smell just as bad so why bother changing the Camry's name?
    WP PB 1:15:03

Member Array
    The 2GR-FE is a very good V6. Its just that the rest of the car is crap.

When fitted to a 2-tonne kluger, this motor can still propel the kluger 0-100 in 8s.

Quote Originally Posted by Glocker View Post
    It's called Accord Euro because it was designed according to European tastes; they prefer sleeker lines, appreciate good handling and a willing engine. Meanwhile the otter Accord is designed for the US market, which means V6 power, tons of interior space, highly comfortable and insulated from the outside world.
    Just as a note, there is only ONE Accord in Japan. Nothing to do with Euro styling and all.. the Thai Accord is called "Honda Inspire" not "Accord"

Anyway, I can't agree more with boleh. The V6 on "Other nations Camry" is a great engine.

Bye2 Honda... Hello Mazda family

Quote Originally Posted by DreadAngel View Post
    And differentiate the 4cyl from the V6 range...
    They don't have to be differentiated in any other region, it's just that people saw a Camry V6 and was like pshh.. still a Camry.

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 CRV Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by I CU2 View Post
    It's called Aurion because of Toyota marketing. They try to make the cars different to get rid of the Camry image.
    The boss of Toyota OZ at the time that the Aurion was developed was John Conomos who is of Greek origin. Aurion is a bastardised word based on the Greek word "Aurio" (the apparent 'u' is pronounced more like a 'v'). The word means "tomorrow". The idea was to distance it from the Camry to take on the Falcon and Commodore more directly. The Aurion also has a different front and rear end.
    SPQR
    The first ever Whiteline RSB pattern for CL9 Euro.
    The world first ever after market RSB for RE4 CRV.

Camry with bodykit ;l

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2011 EURO LUX
    Honda Euro for sure any day, class and lux.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    I have driven both cars, the aurion being my dad's and the euro mine....
    You can have this argument for years...but it will never get anywhere, in the end it comes down to everyones preferences....
    I like the Euro (because its mine haha) but also because its 'nippy' and fun to drive.
    But driving the aurion is different, because its bigger and more powerfull, so your drivings style changes.

In the end, I love to drive both cars, and as many have said you cant really compare a 4cyl to v6.....

Maybe the comparison should have been between the legend and the aurion.....