Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    ED-209
    that's it, a uni joint. I have a kingchrome torque wrench and admittedly I have used it as a breaker bar a number of times. That messes up the torque wrench, so I plan to buy a bona fide breaker bar. Uni joint will help with angles in the engine bay.

I've done a bit of research. The rear seems to be the biggest bitch to do like you said, TbM. Cheers for the EK9.org link EG52NV

I haven't sourced the mounts. I'm wondering if I should get a whole set or just get the ones that need the most attention.
    くまくま━━━━━━ヽ( ・(ェ)・ )ノ━━━━━━ !!

Member Array
    Car:
    2 Tonne Ek Tank
    Lol yeh thats bad for torque wrenchs from what ive heard lol. I bought a 1/2 inch socket set that had a breaker bar, uni joint and extensions so if you dont have a decent set might be an idea to buy a set rather than just the breaker bar and uni joint.

Yeh its not to hard tho just have to take off a few bits to get to it and can be annoying to pivot the mount out if you dont remove the engine bracket but it was doable on mine without removing the bracket.

Which ones are broken? do the ones that arnt broken look fine still or are they looking old anyway?
    "I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." - Ayrton Senna

Member Array
    Car:
    MK6 Golf GTI
    Quote Originally Posted by EG52NV View Post
    Metal tube is useless if car is only raised on jack stands there no room to leverage it...
    I was referring to top engine/gearbox mounts ontop with car on jack stands.
    i believe i used for the rear engine mount for my b18b. the breaker bar, half inch drive, my foot with alot of power behind it, alot of swearing and knocked back half a carton of TED's (Tooheys Extra Drys)
    Welcome Abourd

Member Array
    Car:
    MK6 Golf GTI
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikecivic78 View Post
    that's it, a uni joint. I have a kingchrome torque wrench and admittedly I have used it as a breaker bar a number of times. That messes up the torque wrench, so I plan to buy a bona fide breaker bar. Uni joint will help with angles in the engine bay.

I've done a bit of research. The rear seems to be the biggest bitch to do like you said, TbM. Cheers for the EK9.org link EG52NV

I haven't sourced the mounts. I'm wondering if I should get a whole set or just get the ones that need the most attention.
    yehh my b18b rear engine mount took me a good 2-3 hours to get it out and back in. most of the time i spent trying to fiqure a way to get it out.
    good luck mate...
    I got rid of my teg and now have a 5thgen prelude vtir.....new fun and games to get puzzled about now.
    Welcome Abourd

Member Array
    Car:
    ED-209
    2-3 hours eh? thanks 4 that

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/180689907...84.m1423.l2649

what do u guys think, any good, or ebay crap?
    Last edited by Mikecivic78; 08-09-2011 at 09:29 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    NHB DC2R + EURO
    Mike hit
    Me up
    If u need decent set of mounts I have a set of innovative 60A billet mounts in stock to suit your car bling bling

Member Array
    Car:
    MK6 Golf GTI
    well if your taking out the engine mounts. this is the perfect time to upgrade to some better mounts eg innovative and hasport.
    but then again...it all come down to budget.
    Welcome Abourd

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz R
    Quote Originally Posted by integragsi96 View Post
    yehh my b18b rear engine mount took me a good 2-3 hours to get it out and back in. most of the time i spent trying to fiqure a way to get it out.
    good luck mate...
    I got rid of my teg and now have a 5thgen prelude vtir.....new fun and games to get puzzled about now.
    It's the ****en heater hoses which are in the way..
    ALLIGATORS GOT A GATE

Member Array
    Car:
    2 Tonne Ek Tank
    ^^^ If you remove the bracket that holds the heater hose to the firewall you can bend the hoses out of the way.
    "I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." - Ayrton Senna

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz R
    Yeah bracket was removed as per ek9.org DIY did it make thing alot easier, nope.. The hoses just kept blocking the mount, a lot of cursing and swearing was involved lol
    ALLIGATORS GOT A GATE

Member Array
    Car:
    ED-209
    2-3 hours eh? thanks 4 that

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/180689907...84.m1423.l2649

what do u guys think, any good, or ebay crap?
    Can anyone comment on this?

Member Array
    Car:
    NHB DC2R + EURO
    Can anyone comment on this?
    No good man just let me know what u need and I'll get you quality stuff at cheap prices