Buying a DC2R and need advice...

Hey fellas,

Any help would be appreciated on this. I'm going to check out a DC2R tomorrow and just want to know what things I should be particularly looking out for.

When checking the VIN I'll use this as reference:

http://www.itrca.com/FAQ/general/vincode.php

Can someone tell me how the "check digit" works and where I can find the engine code.

I'll also look to make sure it has a 'PR3' head but not sure where to look for this marking.

Will also look for oil around the VTEC solenoids, not sure where to look though.

Its a 99 and looks quite clean. Any other tips/advice you can give would be greatly appreciated .

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Search, we often advise people on what to look for in a car. Same applies to everybody, pretty much no matter what car.

Member Array
    Car:
    Teg
    Hey dude, just he usual stuff covered in many threads on here just do some more searching in this section/ noob section and get googling. but I'll give a few since I got nothing better to do

-Look for B18C7 with the engine number on the block, assuming this is an audm teg? If jdm there will be no number 7. (bottom left of block)
    -Look for typeR badge under the handbrake
    -5 lug
    -Look in the boot for a boot brace (on boot wall)
    -Rear lower tie bar (small bar under rear of car bolted inbetween the lower camber arms)
    -Check sussy (use all of your weight to push the front then rear down if it bounces then they're shot if if comes straight back up they're all good)
    -Fluids to see if owner has been maintaining it

As for the vin/revs and encumberance check this site has got it covered for all states, only downside there is a fee for this website. you can do it free elsewhere but the price for this wasn't a deal breaker.
    http://www.CarHistory.com.au

That'l do me since im on my phone but hope this helps good luck man.
    All Motor

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    dc2r
    whats your budget?

I got it and I'm loving every minute!

Member Array
    Car:
    97 integra
    Quote Originally Posted by slingsy View Post
    Hey dude, just he usual stuff covered in many threads on here just do some more searching in this section/ noob section and get googling. but I'll give a few since I got nothing better to do

-Look for B18C7 with the engine number on the block, assuming this is an audm teg? If jdm there will be no number 7. (bottom left of block)
    -Look for typeR badge under the handbrake
    -5 lug
    -Look in the boot for a boot brace (on boot wall)
    -Rear lower tie bar (small bar under rear of car bolted inbetween the lower camber arms)

-Check sussy (use all of your weight to push the front then rear down if it bounces then they're shot if if comes straight back up they're all good)
    -Fluids to see if owner has been maintaining it

As for the vin/revs and encumberance check this site has got it covered for all states, only downside there is a fee for this website. you can do it free elsewhere but the price for this wasn't a deal breaker.
    http://www.CarHistory.com.au

That'l do me since im on my phone but hope this helps good luck man.
    I was told that these are optional on the dc2r?

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    nah its standard only the rear strut bar was optional

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAgent View Post
    I got it and I'm loving every minute!

CONGRATULATIONS MAN!

Taken any of your own pics of the new ride? Pumped for ya.

Where abouts do you live?