Thread: Xxr 527

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5S

Xxr 527

hi guys

I'm keen on purchasing a new set of XXR 527's for my DC5S

Still deciding on whether to go for the 18x8.75 +35 or the 17x9.75 +25

What would be a better choice? Are there any clearance issues fitting either of these wheels?

Currently sitting on buddyclub racing spec coilovers and my guards are rolled. Would spacers be required for any of these setups and will the adjustable camber tops on the sussy be enough, or will I require a camber kit?

Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Im running buddyclub rsd on my type s with rolled
    Guards also.

Im running 17x9.5+25 and 17x8.5+30. Up front im running -3camber. My tire is 255/40.

I would rather run a 235/40 or a 245/40
    Tire and slightly
    Reduce the camber. How low arr u btw? My camber is adjustible via three points up front.
    1) camber plates
    2) one set of camber bolts
    3) a second set of camber bolts. So i have my camber plates maxxed
    Out and dial camber via the
    Boltsto adjust.

Im thinking you may need spacers. Especially for the 9.75 +25 on. Yonas is selling them brand new for $1k. Very very cheap. U are aware that for a few
    Morr hundred u can buy a jdm wheel with decent tires and give u reslae
    Value too

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5S
    my rears are set at the lowest height, but I'll be raising it up once I get the new wheels.. i'd prefer to have at least one finger gap..

yeh I was thinkin of runnin a 235 or 245, depending on which wheel i go for..

Yeh jdmyard has the 18s, im keen on running that size but im thinking that it might be better with a wider 17, as ive read that it's best to keep the stock diameter.

I'm thinkin it might not clear the trailing arm with a 17x9.75... I might need some spacers but dnt know the max that I can run without getting extended studs

Yeah I was first interested in the enkei rpf1's but started to dig more aggressive wheels.. u got any other suggestions of jdm wheels in that price range?