Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EJ8 - SOHC Vtec

Ej8 Ride Height Defect

Hey Guys.

I got defected on the weekend for being too low. The minimum ride clearance in NSW is 100mm from the lowest point on the car. The point for me happens to be the exaust resinator. (aproximately 15mm too low) Is there any way to raise the exhaust 1.5 cm?

has anyone tried this? my alternative is to change all the spings, which is a big pain in the ass. Is there any other way to temorarily raise a car for defect clearing?

Member Array
    Car:
    DB6
    goto a dodgy place to clear defects i guess ? also goto an exhuast shop. its hard for us to tell as we cannot see how it sits.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Unless u have coilovers, than chances are the only solution is...... to buy some 2nd hand oem suspension shocks+springs struts from a ek1 and just bolt them back in, for oem ride height. only takes literally 1.5 hours to do, diy
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    b18c2+T Ej8
    Just change the front Shocks/spring to Oem that's will make the car higher and keep the rear.

Member Array
    Car:
    DB6
    or get rid of your reso lol that should take 1.5 cm off.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EJ8 - SOHC Vtec
    hahahha vinnh yeh that would be the ideal solution.

I bought a set of springs for $50 on ebay, but its abit of a process to change them.

im going to start driving past all the registered inspection workshops with a $50 note in my collar and a wink, see if the fishies will bite

Member Array
    Car:
    Understand
    Change exhaust. Or shove a plank of wood in-between your springs to raise it up. Or try to raise your exhaust a little maybe washers, smaller nuts smaller screws I dunno just play around

~King Of Spam~

Member Array
    Car:
    NHB DC2R + EURO
    You should have bought springs and shock as a combo from an EK1 and swap them over as that would be the best as quoted above..

But looking at your car and how it sits that is absolutely amazing that my EK hasn't been done b4 it sits alot lower then yours lol

Member Array
    Car:
    Understand
    You could also get thicker tyres or bigger rims. That would raise it too

~King Of Spam~

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EJ8 - SOHC Vtec
    haha yeh unfortunately the second part of the defect was 17" rims. So im gona have to put stockies on and then check the height, but i cant imagine stockies being bigger then what i have on there, so i may lose even more heigh :S

damn i hate police sometimes

Member Array
    Car:
    Understand
    You'll lose more height with smaller rims. But then it's depend on the tyre size

~King Of Spam~

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Even if u have stock 14's inch rims on, it wont make any difference as its not the rim size that will deter-main the height, its the tire profile that will, if anything u mite sit even lower if u revert back to the stock 165/60R14 size (cant remember the exact size)

Just swap out the front suspension for oem so it sits higher, therefore the reso isnt so low, that way its a guarantee pass
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC