CL7 wheels - what can we fit in there? + new spring question

i'm not interested in how they look, i'm interested in more grip.

i notice that there is the option of some 17x7.5 +55 wheels. i can get some nice light 17x8 +50's, or some +45's.

is 8.5 inches of rim madness? i'm not going to be running a stretched tyre - it'll be a 245/40 or 255/40 with the 8.5.

car will be on mild lowering springs (dropped about 1.5 inches at most) like eibachs or whatever.

i'm also interested in what springs to purchase - i'm essentially after the lowest spring rate aftermarket springs that are out. i can't find the spring rates of eibach pro-kits & H&R seem to be about 300lb/in, which is far too hard for cruising.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    welcome to forum...

Do a search on threads, theres plenty of info in this existing thread about wheels.
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...-wheels/page44

1.5in is actually quite a lot of drop, hence the hard springs to prevent bottoming out I guess.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    welcome to forum...

Do a search on threads, theres plenty of info in this existing thread about wheels.
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...-wheels/page44

1.5in is actually quite a lot of drop, hence the hard springs to prevent bottoming out I guess.
    i have searched, and i'm afraid a 44 page thread about who can stretch their tyres the most isn't at all helpful to me because i'm looking for performance, not aesthetics. a +35 8.5 might fit but with a stretched like buggery 225 tyre needed to do it there's no point in running it.

however, thankyou for your help nonetheless

Member Array
    Car:
    EURO LUX
    im running 18x8 50+ with 235/40 tyre to problems
    and 17x8 40/45+ with 225/45 tyre
    for the normal look lol

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_fishes View Post
    i have searched, and i'm afraid a 44 page thread about who can stretch their tyres the most isn't at all helpful to me because i'm looking for performance, not aesthetics. a +35 8.5 might fit but with a stretched like buggery 225 tyre needed to do it there's no point in running it.

7.5 wide is plenty for grip.... cause it's the suspension that'll do most of the work :-)
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

how much clearance do you have? what suspension?

Member Array
    Car:
    04 Euro Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_fishes View Post

obviously didn't read the thread properly
    Mods: Pioneer Double DIN GPS, K&N Typhoon CAI, Buddyclub N+ Spec, Topspeed Headers, Skunk2 Catback Exhaust

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    245/250 is madness on an 8" tire imo id go max 235 regardless u will get barely any stretch at all

Member Array
    Car:
    04 Euro Lux
    agreed. 205/35 has barely any stretch either :P ha jks
    Mods: Pioneer Double DIN GPS, K&N Typhoon CAI, Buddyclub N+ Spec, Topspeed Headers, Skunk2 Catback Exhaust

Member Array
    Car:
    zenki CL9
    8" will be fine with a 245 and your drop so long as you keep the offset around +45 to +55.. 8.5" could be pushing it.

but yeah, as everyone said, those rims/tyre sizes seem like overkill

why dont you get your springs first and then after you install them get the measuring tape out and check your clearances/do the math

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    Quote Originally Posted by richard_k View Post
    agreed. 205/35 has barely any stretch either :P ha jks
    Lol nah should be sweet