Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Banned Array
    Car:
    DN-01
    The water pump was replaced in 2001 according to the service history. I read on team-integra.net that "According to the Helms service manual, it is recommend that the timing belt and water pump be replaced under normal driving conditions every 90,000 to 105,000 miles (144,000 to 168,000 km) or every 6 to 7 years. If you drive under more severe conditions, replacing the belt sooner like around 60,000 miles (120,000 km) might be recommended."

As stated, the pump was replaced in 2001, so according to the statement above, it should be changed based on time, and mileage.

In regards to the hoses coming out of the radiator, the top one is hotter than the one below it. (Bottom one is warm, top one is hot)

I originally thought that it could be the water pump, like what NSPYRE said. Is there a way I can test to see if the pump is faulty or not?

Member Array
    Car:
    ek1 mother****er
    check the radiator, one of my old cars used to overheat constantly, untill it eventually blew out the top tank of the radiator, new one solved the problem.
    THAT SHIT WAS BANANAS

Banned Array
    Car:
    DN-01
    Just got back from a drive, car heated up again going up a hill, I was in traffic and couldn't pull off anywhere so I turned on the A/C and stuff, heat gauge went right down below half (happy with that) and then when I got home, I left the car idling, fans were not spinning (turned A/C off when I got in the driveway) Felt top hose, was boiling, bottom was warm.

When you mean 'check the radiator' what am I looking for? I had a look, no leaks anywhere that I can see.