Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

To use reo bar or not to use reo bar

Hey guys, just wondering if all the guys that track their hondas run reo bars?

Not sure weather or not its worth using.

Pros: Incase I hit a tyre wall

Cons: Heavy over front axle

Member Array
    Car:
    Yellow EG =D
    i can imagine why u want to take it off, but i say keep it on so on that off chance u do hit a tyre wall it will take most of the blow instead of letting your motor take the hit.

just need to weigh it up, can u afford to build/purchase a new motor instead of buying second hand panels to fix the damage.
    WINTON PB - 1:48.9
    EG5 1.6L SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 Integra R
    Leave it on,I doubt your lap times will change with it off anyhow.They weigh very little in the scheme of things.
    And yes I run a front bar on a race DC2 R.

dc2r reo is completely different. It might protect you if you hit a cat. I would run a dc2r reo for sure.

EG Civic reo

DC2R reo

Meh, take them off front and rear. JDM delivered EGs dont even come with any reo from the factory, its an ADR thing.

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 Integra R
    I have retro fitted a VTI R front bar reo to our race Type R to beef up the front as the factory R one is a little puny.So far seems to hit someone every race meet, not on purpose mind its just close racing and touching does happen in real competition.

Member Array
    Car:
    EF Civic track car
    If you atte looking at taking that out yo must be well over weight? And have taken heaps of other stuff or already? My civic still has it in but weight isn't an issue. What engine you running again? 1600cc min weight with driver is 965kg, 2000cc min weight with driver is around 1000kgs, think its 1025 or something. If you think you can gain a handling advantage maybe give it a go, if not I wouldn't do it, to much of a risk for little reward.

well the car doesnt have any atm, so i was trying to see if the cost of one would have any benefit. We have decided to run without them. Minimum weight shouldnt be an issue as the car will be rego'd

I have taken them out of my track civic. All out or nothin!!
    WINTON PB: 1:36.30
    WAKEFIELD PB: 1:07.59
    Supported by: Hybrid Racing + Hardrace Australia
    MSC Performance FTW

Member Array
    Car:
    99 EKC7
    this is just for you tima attack civic isnt it josh?? only lakeside youd be worried about hitting something and if you are its going to hurt no matter what.. take em out and see how you go.. there about 7kg each

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 Integra R
    and saving 7 kg is so gonna help lap times.
    answer on a postage stamp please.