Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    EGSi,DC2R,ED9
    A good friend of mine in HK told me they used to weld on substantial pieces of steel at front and rear end of their race EG and EKs back in the day of Group N cups races at the Macau GPs in the early 2000s.

As much they hate the additional weights at not so desirable locations, the reos could well mean being able to keep going or retiring with radiator damages or bent rear muffler and losing power.

In those days of 30-40 civics in one race at a crowded track with many dirty drivers it was a must for them. Their cars are usually well placed and won races on a few occasions.

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2 + EG
    Quote Originally Posted by Fraser View Post
    and saving 7 kg is so gonna help lap times.
    answer on a postage stamp please.

IF they are 7kg each, 14kg is a fair saving for something so simple, everything helps.
    Fyi, I don't run reo bars in my EG track car, if I was doing door to door racing maybe, but we do sprint series.

Member Array
    Car:
    ES1 Turbo, EK1
    i only run the rear reo, only so i can keep the car more balanced as my EK is very nose heavy.
    Car: 05' Civic Turbo Car: EK 97'
    Motor - D17 Motor - B20T
    Winton - 1:47 Winton - 1:46
    7th Gen Melbourne #1

Quote Originally Posted by lil_foy View Post
    IF they are 7kg each, 14kg is a fair saving for something so simple, everything helps.
    Fyi, I don't run reo bars in my EG track car, if I was doing door to door racing maybe, but we do sprint series.
    Reinforcement bars - 7kg? Really? The EG front one weighs next to nothing, rears a bit heavier but I hardly think 7kg?

yeah, but you don't need them for the track but I kept them in anyway...
    MFactory Competition Products